PC-ing Newbie on RED A4

Mcgough

Reaction score
Would like a professional finish done, but ive been finding it hard to get a detailer in the area, so im taking it upon my self on sunday to get my car gleeming, so much advice as possible please as i havent had a responce on detailing world and i posted a week ago!!

Right...

Ive got a red audi avant and want to try my PC out for the first time, ive just had the body kit fitted and the paint is very much brighter and glossier on thoose parts, ill need to do a bit of swirl removal but it isnt heavy just light marks (i think) but i cant get them by hand.

I have the following products which are ......

Meguiars Step 1 Paint cleanser
Meguiars Step 2 Polish
Meguiars Clay
Meguiars Quick Detailing spray
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax (polish????)
Meguiars Gold class polish
Sonus Enhance Anti Swirl SFX -2
Sonus Paint Cleanser Pre-Wax
collinite 476s wax (paste)
small bottle of red stuff (possibly RMG??)

and my pads include SFX - 1, SFX - 2, SFX - 3 and 4 buffing bonnets

My main question is what to use in what order and what pads to use with which product, any help is appriciated!!!

thanks in advance!

OH!!! and POLISHED BLISS ive been looking at your menzerna range mainly the po106ff and po85rd3.02, not quite sure between the 2 which i need, but if i dont have any luck with my stuff above what would you reccomend?? and anything else??

in my experience i would say that you are gonna need some of the menzerna products and paired with the sfx pads you should start seeing the results you want

i would recommend you get the PO85RD3.02 and the PO85RD. Polished Bliss are doing an offer at the mo where you get those two products and the PO106FF in litre bottles for £40!

on my a4 i used the 3.02 with a sfx-1 pad and spread the polish on speed 3 and then stepped up to speed 4/5 and did about ten passes. on some sections i did need to do two passes with the pc but patience is the name of the game on vag paint

after the 3.02 i used the PO85RD to refine the finish on a blue 6" sfx pad and then a couple of layers of collinite 476s

i reckon with the Menzerna and your products your steps should look something like this:

Wash & Dry
Meguiars Clay with Meguiars Quick Detailing spray
Menzerna 3.02
Menzerna PO85RD
Collinite 476s wax

:icon_thumright:

Cheers for that ....looks like i need to spend more money then!!!

ive got 4 full bottles of the meguires step 1 and 2 and the sonus stuff...so ill give them a whirl this weekend and go from there!!!

can i confirm these have similar properties:-

Meguiars Step 1 Paint cleanser
Meguiars Step 2 Polish

or

Sonus Enhance Anti Swirl SFX -2

Meguiars Step 1 Paint cleanser - this will have non or very little cutting power, it will be the same as the Sonus Paint Cleanser Pre-Wax. Paint cleanser products are to clean the clear coat surface and remove oxidation and surface contaminents to allow maximum adhesion of the wax coat.

Meguiars Step 2 Polish - this is just a polish with no abrasiveness, you could apply this after the menzerna steps and before the wax to give maximum shine.

Sonus Enhance Anti Swirl SFX-2 - out of all the products you have at the moment this will have the most cutting power to remove swirls but I don't know how effective it will be on vag paint

Sonus Paint Cleanser Pre-Wax - this is the same step as Meguiars Step 1

with the products above added to the steps you routine will look like this:

Wash & Dry
Meguiars Clay with Meguiars Quick Detailing spray
Menzerna 3.02 or Sonus Enhance Anti Swirl SFX-2
Menzerna PO85RD
Meguiars Step 1 or Sonus Paint Cleanser Pre-Wax
Meguiars Step 2
Collinite 476s or Meguiars NXT Tech Wax

:icon_thumright:

thanks very much for that im begining to understand now!!

cheers kris

Kris, so did you give the car a clean and PC what where the results?

Cheers for all the help given above, much appreciated as we've been soooo busy this week we've had no time to get on. My advice would have been the same, so once again, many thanks. :icon_thumright:

Kris, so did you give the car a clean and PC what where the results?

used the stuff ive got and my bonnet is gleeming but the swirls are still there!!