A couple of questions??

Tolmie18

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Couple of things, i noticed light scratches all over the boot lid(Must have been my own fault, probably while drying) What polish should i use for getting them out? I opted for the supaguard protection when i bought the car last july will this stuff be affected?? Not that is seems to do much, when it rains or i wash it i don't get any beading effect, should i ??

I need a touch up pen for a wee nick on the front bumper, is it best to go to audi for this, or will Halfords do?

Cheers

David.

In all honesty your supaguard is likely to have worn off.

With regards to the scratches, on Audi paint your going to have a very tough time do any correction work by hand.

One option may be to fill in the scratches with Autoglym Super Resin Polish and then wax and this will look better.

If you want to correct the scratches then it's going to need a machine polish.

As your in Aberdeen you may want to contact Polished Bliss as those guys are nearby and do amazing work?

Cheers Neil! As Neil says, correcting Audi paint by hand is no fun and very hard work; it can be done over small areas using Menzerna Intensive Polish (US version) as this has just about enough cut but still finishes down well by hand. However, as Neil said, for best results a machine polish will be required. If you fancy popping out to see us for some free advice before deciding what to do then don't hesitate to call or e-mail or pm; we are here to help. :)

I've seen a number of posts about Audi paint being extremely hard etc, however why is it that the slightest amount of bird poop will mark it permanently even if it's washed off in about 10 mins?

OutLore said:
I've seen a number of posts about Audi paint being extremely hard etc, however why is it that the slightest amount of bird poop will mark it permanently even if it's washed off in about 10 mins?

It won't if you have a decent coat of protection on the car; a few layers of acrylic sealant or a good coat of wax will prevent etching in most cases. Our cars are relatively neglected due to the pressures of work, and bird droppings are left for a day or two sometimes, but because we have good levels of protection on the cars etching hasn't been a problem to date. :icon_thumright:

WX51TXR said:
It won't if you have a decent coat of protection on the car; a few layers of acrylic sealant or a good coat of wax will prevent etching in most cases. Our cars are relatively neglected due to the pressures of work, and bird droppings are left for a day or two sometimes, but because we have good levels of protection on the cars etching hasn't been a problem to date. :icon_thumright:

I'm tempted to say that there was a problem with Audi's pearl Ebony paint - it seemed anyone on here who had a complaint about etching had Ebony... Makes me wonder why they changed the colour to Phantom, which is essentially the same colour, just a different name....

I had etching after some bird droppings were on my Ebony Sportback for only 2 hours, that's ridiculous!!

Seaguls are the worst and I have known it to eat through even well waxed cars and etch within about 1 hour.

I always carry with me two plush microfibers plus a bottle of quick detailer. If any bird muck is found it is removed straight away.

If the bird muck has dried I will wet one of the clothes and leave it in position until the muck is liquid and can be removed (carefully).

prob a lot hotter in dallas than over here in aberdeen. I reckon that plus the heat on the black paint must make it cook on pretty quickly leaving etching.

either that or the birds are on some sort of strange diet. :)