blacking plastic trim

doeboy

Reaction score
best products for blacking plastic trims?

I've been looking at my b5 a4. what were black areas like mirror mounts and window pillars are not looking their best and could do with being renewed. also with relation to the pillars is it safe to buffer them with said products to create a nice shine?

As long as it's designed for exterior and is fade resistant to an extent, i know these products don't last a great deal of time but i'm looking for the best option

We degrease plastics thoroughly (which often really brings them up nicely), and then dress them with UV protectants; 303 Aerospace Protectant is very good, as is Meguiars All Season Dressing. If you use high end carnauba wax then you can use this too. However, once trims have faded, there is little you can do to bring them back, it's more a case of temporary hiding with products that add surface oils (e.g. Black to Black). Some of these products work quite well, but unfortunately soon wash off.

autoglym bumper care is good. its a gell so you put it on with a cloth rather than spraying stuff where you dont want it.

Sadly it has faded being almost 9 years old so i'll go down the B-t-B route i think then.

I find the autoglym stuff works a treat, it even restored a 15 year old fiesta bumper that had never seen a clean in years.

i also use the autoglym one and agree it does seem to do the job well, i also find if plastic is really faded then apply the gel but dont buff it off just rub it in and leave it, and it seems to build up keeping plastic looking good

alan