Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    doeboy's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    596

    Waxing hard to reach areas?

    Ok i'm still not setup to go yet, but as iv'e walked past cars i've been drawing up a mental image on how i'd detail them.

    What about hard to reach places with a standard pad size, little recesses that many cars seem to have around the number plates or bodykits etc...

    Do we hand finish them or buy 2 - 3" pads for our polishers?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    1210tech's Avatar
    Four Ring Fanatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    689
    waxing hard to reach areas can be done by hand (fnar fnar!!!)
    some waxes are only supposed to be applied by hand to keep them warm and then just buffed with a microfibre towel
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)

  4. #3
    S6 avant

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    bewdley Worcestershire
    Posts
    689
    Waxing hard to reach areas?


    are we talking about cars or women?
    2000 s6 avant, special order met, green, satnav, Bose, tv, solar roof, privacy glass, recaro silver nappa.

  5. #4
    1210tech's Avatar
    Four Ring Fanatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS
    Waxing hard to reach areas?


    are we talking about cars or women?
    well being that this thread is in the detailing forum i would suggest that they are both in the same category!!!!!! (i hope my mrs doesn't read this!!!)
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)

  6. #5
    205man's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    worcestershire, uk
    Posts
    1,016

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by 1210tech
    well being that this thread is in the detailing forum i would suggest that they are both in the same category!!!!!! (i hope my mrs doesn't read this!!!)

    does that mean if i use a clay bar on my gfriend it will get rid of all the imperfections?????
    hmmm may need alot of clay

    alan

  7. #6
    doeboy's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    596

    Thumbs up

    no it means if you use a claybar on your GF you'll get a SHOCKING result!

  8. #7
    WX51TXR's Avatar
    Polished Bliss

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    AB51 0TH
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by doeboy
    Ok i'm still not setup to go yet, but as iv'e walked past cars i've been drawing up a mental image on how i'd detail them.

    What about hard to reach places with a standard pad size, little recesses that many cars seem to have around the number plates or bodykits etc...

    Do we hand finish them or buy 2 - 3" pads for our polishers?
    Depends on whether you are protecting or correcting. If you are just applying paint cleaners and waxes then by hand is fine. However, if you have full on correction to do then spot pads on the machine are sometimes required, as there is only so much you can do by hand.

  9. #8
    doeboy's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    596
    Quote Originally Posted by WX51TXR
    as there is only so much you can do by hand.

    I've had no complaints about my Handywork it's very pleasing i'm told, and don't i know it!

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO