Polished Bliss Vs White Audi A3 S-Line + Vintage

Clark@Polishedbliss

Professional Detailer
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
This was the latest Zymol detail, a 2.0T A3 which belongs to a member of Detailing World.

The car itself has always been pretty clean from when Simon's had it from new but when looked at closely you could see random scratches and cow-webbing. This i'm sure is not down to Simons fault as i remember looking at it last summer when i did his mums TT and remembered thinking it was poor dealer prep...

Anyways, i tried for 5 or 10 mins to try and capture shots of the defects but i wasnt having much luck with the glare off the white paint, but they eventually polished out with the usual finishing polishes (some areas needed 2 attempts to get spot on) and the Rotary@1700rpm :)

This was followed by HD Cleansing of the paint and windows (inside and out) then hand application of the Vintage.

So on to the after pics, which i was lucky to get as the snow has been drifting on and off every 2 mins today, as were the clouds which is why some pics are darker than others (and also due to the fact i was learning how to use my new camera, many thanks to AlanW for that:thumb:) :cool:

some shots in the garage:

Outside Shots:

I'm now off to rest my eyes after the "snow blindness" i was continually getting from working on this car :D :cool:

Thanks for looking :thumb:

completely stunning - how long did it take?

in the past i have spent up to 10hours detailing a car lol

what polish did you use on the windows?

thanks

This one took Clark 12 hours in total, and Zymol HD-Cleanse was used to cxlean the glass inside and out; once you've tried it you'll never go back to any other glass product, it's simply awesome. :)

Truly awesome.

Can I ask you detailing experts how you wash cars without putting swirls in them? I'm using the two bucket method with gritguards and wool washmitts but still seem to be leaving a few swirls in mine each time - dunno what I'm doing wrong :(

how hard do you wash your car?

I see people using the two bucket method, foam guns, grit guards etc but they still scrub the hell out of their paint when they wash with their mit. your hand should glide effortlessly over the car, and you should make sure your lambswool mitt is in good condition at all times and thoroughly clean :)

after a while you will get wash marring or very light swirls which cant really be avoided :)