Collinite Marque D'Elegance (No. 915)

MikeA3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience of this product - got some before christmas and it went onto the car very nicely but trying to buff it off afterwards by hand was an absolute mare :ohmy: (might have been due to the cold weather i suppose - it was boxing day after all)

any hints / tips would be appreciated

thanks in advance

Mike

alright mike, i have this product and its the best wax ive ever bought, the durability of it is simply amazing, i first applied it 2 months ago and it still beads the water to this day. I know what u mean about it being difficult to apply/buff off, the problem i had with it is because my car is a very light blue/silver i couldnt see were i had applied it making it hard to see where to buff and where the little bits are were i hadnt quite buffed it off properly. the only way round this i suppose is to just do a panel at a time. luckily enough the collinite doesnt need time to cure.
hard work all in all but i tell u now mate itll be worth it!!! hope this helps

another tip that may help is to warm the wax up before use, this should make it a little easier to apply

Mike, been using 915 Marque D'Elegance for over a year now and if you apply too much it will be a pain to buff off.

Before you start, prime your applicator pad with Quick Detailer, one spray should be enough, this will prevent wax being absorbed into the applicator and will make application easy.

Apply it nice and thin, you really don't need much, the thinner you apply it the easier it will be to buff off.

You have a superb wax their, it produces a really nice finish and it lasts and lasts and beads like crazy, it really is a sight to behold in the rain.

thanks for the replies - the finish is fantastic - no question it's the best wax i've ever used on the car but it did make me work for it :weight_lift2:

it was the first time i'd ever used it so it's possible i put too much wax on which was the problem when trying to buff it off - good tip with the quick detailer by the way

Are you using a machine polisher to remove it or are you guys "doing it by hand" - sorry for the bad pun

Mike

Mike, not to worry, the first time I used it I put it on too thick and it was a ****** to remove.

If the porter cable is setup I'll use this with a soft 4 inch finishing pad, this really applies the wax very thinly making it a breeze to remove.

I always remove with a microfiber cloth as those microfiber bonnets for a PC are useless.