Some Advice Please - Previously Sold Car..

JGrant1285

Sir Scouser Benitez
Reaction score
Website
www.allhiphop.com
Right ok, well , in April/May of last year, my Dad was selling a Cat D, 53 Plate VW Golf SDI that he had previously bought and repaired. My mum was using it to run about in shopping and to-and-from work (which is local). But they decided that they didnt want that much money sat in a car which they could use a car of less-vaule for.

Now when he comes to sell it (Private sale), my dad has always told people the truth, he is far too honest not to. Now my dad DID inform the buyer that its was damaged repaired and it was a Category D. Anyway all goes well and they buy the car (fairly cheaply to be honest, it had only done 10,245 miles at the time).
Now my mum an dad have the reciept that was printed out at the time (my dad got a copy and the buyer & his wife got a copy). On the reciept it CLEARLY states that it is a USED car, had the amount of miles, states that it is a Cat D and also states 'Sold As Seen'.

this also contains My dads name & signature and also the Buyers name & signature.

Today we get d!ckhead banging on our front door, talking about he's been to carcraft trying to trade it in, and its cost him 25 quid (i imagine Carcraft charged him to do a HPI on it) and now they are offering him less money for the car due to it being a Cat D. @rseh0le comes round shouting at my mum (when my dads not in) saying that he's going to take them to court and sue them.

I know for a FACT that me dad advised them at the time of sale that it was accident repaired and it was cat D.

Personally i don't think this muppet has got a leg to stand on, as they have a copy of the reciept and so do we (we've just taken a few photocopies of the original now).

What do you people think?

Sorry if its in the wrong section, was unsure of where else to put it!!!

Thanks for any replies !!

If the reciept your Dad has was signed by the new owner they can hardly come back saying they didn't know it was Cat D. The fact that it was 'Sold as Seen' also prevents any comeback. As far as Sueing goes they'll just be wasting their money trying to go to court. If they didn't know what the Cat D meant they should have asked someone. They wont get any money from your parents if your Dad has the copy of the reciept.

Although just because its covered by law doesn't stop this guy coming round and upsetting your parents I guess.

carcraft are w*nkers which doesnt help, i bought my last audi there, the crank pulley fell off on the way home and they refused to fix it! i dont think there is anything he can do. if it says cat d on the receipt then show him it again and tell him to f*ck off! he's just angry cause they offered him a crap trade in price, they always do and no doubt they used that as an excuse. they offered me £800 on a car booked at £3500 just cause it was a jap inport! as long as he knew it when he bought it, it was his choice and his problem. worst he can do is give you abuse and if he does get the police round.

@rseholes just been round now. I didnt actually know that he's known a few of my family for a while. He's saying that my dads 'done him over' and he didnt think that he would have done that to him since he's 'known' him. He said that he doesn't want to fall out with us, but he's not happy. Baiscally he bought the car for 6,300 and carcraft offered him 6K for it. Then they HPI's it and offered him 2.5K. He said that he was made to look a C*nt @ carcraft and my dads took the ****. My dad is adamant that he told him, damn, i was there and my dad pointed out to him at the time WHERE IT WAS REPAIRED!!

He said he was never given a reciept at the time of sale...which is ********...who would part with like 6K without asking or demanding a reciept???????

Then her said he's goin to his solicitors on monday, and he has a witness (his wife) that he was never advised that it was a cat D.

Me dad told him to go home and look at the reciept he was given...which he replied "yeah, i will do".

Basically he wasn't willing to listen to what my dad had to say, dont think he understands that RULE NUMBER 1.....DEALERS HARDLY EVER GIVE YOU A DECENT PRICE ON YOUR MOTOR.....THERE ON C-O-M-M-I-S-S-I-O-N.

My dads blood pressures not too good at the moment too...and this he certainly doesnt need !!!! ***

P.S. Oh yeah, whoever mentioned him upsetting my parents etc...theres nothing to worry about on that note.......*WINK* *WINK*

Even if the muppet denies ever getting a reciept, he signed the one your Dad has so he's just being stupid.
Carcraft have obviously just plucked a figure out the air once they found out it was on the register, in order to put him off purely so they dont have to touch it. And its worked I guess.

ring citizens advice on monday, ask them where you stand legally. im sure he will never win, he had the oppertunity to hpi when he bought it - and a rac inspection. he did'nt bother so its his own fault! if he come round my house gobbing off to my parents and upsetting them he'd be ringing his solicitor from hospital. w*nker.

well a few months down the line...and we aint heard anything from the t0$$er!!!!

looks like he checked his reciept!! MUPPET!!

Thanks for the advice peeps!!