Do us Audi boys all have too much money!!

simch

Reaction score
I cannot believe there is no posting in this section! Over on the "pikey" UKmkivs, this is one of the most popular sections!!

Is it that they are mere poor VAG owners, who have to polish their own motors, whereas Audi guys can afford to pay "the help" to do it for them.....!?!? lol!! :)

Must dash Geeves is using Zeebrite on my ally mirrors again. Damn that man, if my ancestors did nto buy his ancestors out in india, I would not have to put up with such provarications. And the way he hoovers the east wing, is shocking!

I've been using the Meguirs forum, learned lots about just basic washing etc and how to treat paints though i would pay for it to be done properly before the show season starts this summer.

chris

I've posted on the detailing bit before, but didn't get much response, so gave up and now lurk at http://www.detailingworld.com to get my geeky fix .

PS Two bucket washing makes /so/ much sense ;)

dont worry lads, i've got a decent company to come in here and post loads of stuff, so expect it to get busy very soon.

I only set the category up yesterday !

Maybe some people have better things to do with days of their life, that clean the ****** car?

Like drive thwe damn things...

Unless it's because Audis aren't generally very good to drive, that people prefer to polish them?
Ahh...that's probably it.

In my mind, there is nothing cooler than a car with a few fly splats and some brake dust on the wheels. Makes you realise the guy actually drives it...
Unlike show cars...waste of time, money and effort, in my view.

Rant over...as you were!

I prefer to wash my own car and wax polish rain-x etc. That way i know its done right, much less expensive. No excuses for the lazy boys not washing their cars.

Apart from those of you that have a hose pipe ban. Feck being a valleter in a county that has a hose pipe ban!!! LOL

Being from Scotland land of eternal rain i think hell may freeze over before a hose pipe ban is issued up here!

i for one really enjoy cleaning my A4, i find it rewarding and also enjoy the challenge of finding the combination of products thatll make my car stand out. i mean whats the point in having a nice car and not looking after it....

I love washing my car, car has diamonbrite on it as mate done at cost price, doesnt really cut down on time as i spend longer on the alloys ( now that is a boring job )

I cleaned my car properly for the first time yesterday
usually I pay someone to clean it,I would rather spend four hours a week doing anything other than freezing my nads off cleaning something which will be dirty again once I go in it

Cleaned mine today. Can't stand to drive around in a dirty car, don't know how people can drive a car thats covered in crap and full of rubbish. Lazy scruffbags.
DSC02128b.jpg

leecs3 said:
Cleaned mine today. Can't stand to drive around in a dirty car, don't know how people can drive a car thats covered in crap and full of rubbish. Lazy scruffbags.
DSC02128b.jpg

Nice lee,

BTW what size are you RCs? Do you run spacers on them?

A3-frankie said:
Thats looking a bit mirror like, whats your routine ?

wash it twice a week. Using a good alloy wheel cleaner and a radiator brush to clean inside the rims. Also clean all the shut lines with Autoglym machine cleaner before hand washing the whole car. Polish it once a month. If you keep up to it they just get cleaner and cleaner.

simch said:
Nice lee,

BTW what size are you RCs? Do you run spacers on them?

There 8x18. No spacers as i'm on the lookout for a replace set of rms with a bit more girth. Probably 18" BMW E38 splits, if i can find some.

Ess_Three said:
Maybe some people have better things to do with days of their life, that clean the ****** car?

I've got better things to do with my money than pay someone to clean my car.

And although I do clean my own car, I've got better things to do with my time than write about it.

HA HA HA

I can clean my own but wanna know how to do it properly, to get the results the detailer companies get.

Well i drive my car and boy does it get filthy, but i do love cleaning her up though. Can quite easily spend 4hours easily cleaning!!!!

Ukmkivs is not a pikey site..... i think its a very well run group!

jdp1962 said:
I've got better things to do with my money than pay someone to clean my car.

So have I...
Which is why I like good products that work well with minimum affort...bacause basically, although I like my car to be clean, I'm too lazy to spend days on it...I have far better things to do - like drive the damn thing and get it dirty again! :tocktock:

Ess_Three said:
So have I...
Which is why I like good products that work well with minimum affort...

Amen to that! Which is why I'm delighted to announce that after the longest (and wettest) drought in British history, Thames Water has lifted the hosepipe ban, which means I can clean and dry the car spotless in 15 minutes with my trusty Flash Car Cleaning Kit.

Thank the lord they lifted the hosepipe ban!!!!!:hi:

I was bought a pressure washer xmas before last and have never been able to use it.:sadlike:

Bet you dont know what Im doing this weekend...:idea:

jediknight said:
****** hell lee... thats like chrome!!

what polish do you use?

cheers. autoglym for shine, blitz wax for protection.

i stumbled upon this thread by accident yesterday when looking for another one.. so thought id post..

i have only had my a3 2.0t for 8 months now and it has already cost me £1200 for service/repair... auto box oil, window regulator, starter motor, hpfp to name but a few.. oil changes every 6k miles etc.

detailing products... have come to around £350.. has had £280 worth of paint correction all round... the bonnet needs a bit of attention again though.

i have never spent that amount of money on any car within 8 months... but its worth it. so im happy to maintain it.. the wifes not too happy about it though but we need a 5 door by the end of the year anyway... so it will be short lived.

wash it once a week... polish it every 2 months and wax it once a month too...