Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    6th Gear

Status

Do us Audi boys all have too much money!!

I cannot believe there is no posting in this section! Over on the "pikey" UKmkivs, this is one of the most popular sections!!

Is it that they are mere poor VAG owners, who have to polish their own motors, whereas Audi guys can afford to pay "the help" to do it for them.....!?!? lol!! :-)

Must dash Geeves is using Zeebrite on my ally mirrors again. Damn that man, if my ancestors did nto buy his ancestors out in india, I would not have to put up with such provarications. And the way he hoovers the east wing, is shocking!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    [QUOTE=simch]I cannot believe there is no posting in this section! Over on the "pikey" UKmkivs, this is one of the most popular sections!!
    QUOTE]

Ukmkivs = pikey? Really...
    Married and blonde yes, but still a guy with a poor taste in usernames!

Mercedes Benze E-class 350 sport convertable, black, pacha grey leather, 19" AMG rims, HK stero and a few more toys
    VW Scirocco 2.0Tsi GT with Revo stage 2, evoms induction kit, lowered, short shift, miltek
    BMW 330 Coupe M sport Black, Black leather, Nav and a lot of other options.
    BMW Z4 Coupe Sport in black with a few toys - going friday and gonna be missed by my lad.
    A3 2.0Tdi S-Line DSG. Gone but not forgotten

Aye you know it makes sense

Status
    I've been using the Meguirs forum, learned lots about just basic washing etc and how to treat paints though i would pay for it to be done properly before the show season starts this summer.

chris

3rd Gear

Status
    I've posted on the detailing bit before, but didn't get much response, so gave up and now lurk at http://www.detailingworld.com to get my geeky fix .

PS Two bucket washing makes /so/ much sense

Administrator

Status
    dont worry lads, i've got a decent company to come in here and post loads of stuff, so expect it to get busy very soon.

I only set the category up yesterday !

hud at ye bam

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by simch
    .....whereas Audi guys can afford to pay "the help" to do it for them.....!?!? lol!! :-)......

Nah, we just know our cars look good clean or durty
    [/sarcasm]

Status
    Maybe some people have better things to do with days of their life, that clean the bloody car?

Like drive thwe damn things...

Unless it's because Audis aren't generally very good to drive, that people prefer to polish them?
    Ahh...that's probably it.

In my mind, there is nothing cooler than a car with a few fly splats and some brake dust on the wheels. Makes you realise the guy actually drives it...
    Unlike show cars...waste of time, money and effort, in my view.

Rant over...as you were!

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

Status
    I prefer to wash my own car and wax polish rain-x etc. That way i know its done right, much less expensive. No excuses for the lazy boys not washing their cars.

Apart from those of you that have a hose pipe ban. Feck being a valleter in a county that has a hose pipe ban!!! LOL

Being from Scotland land of eternal rain i think hell may freeze over before a hose pipe ban is issued up here!
    Last edited by Beerzo; 11th January 2007 at 14:19.

4th Gear

Status
    i for one really enjoy cleaning my A4, i find it rewarding and also enjoy the challenge of finding the combination of products thatll make my car stand out. i mean whats the point in having a nice car and not looking after it....

3rd Gear

Status
    I love washing my car, car has diamonbrite on it as mate done at cost price, doesnt really cut down on time as i spend longer on the alloys ( now that is a boring job )

Status
    I cleaned my car properly for the first time yesterday
    usually I pay someone to clean it,I would rather spend four hours a week doing anything other than freezing my nads off cleaning something which will be dirty again once I go in it

thinking about stuff

Status
    Cleaned mine today. Can't stand to drive around in a dirty car, don't know how people can drive a car thats covered in crap and full of rubbish. Lazy scruffbags.
    Last edited by leecs3; 14th January 2007 at 17:16.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

1st Gear

Status
    Thats looking a bit mirror like, whats your routine ?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leecs3
    Cleaned mine today. Can't stand to drive around in a dirty car, don't know how people can drive a car thats covered in crap and full of rubbish. Lazy scruffbags.
    Nice lee,

BTW what size are you RCs? Do you run spacers on them?

thinking about stuff

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3-frankie
    Thats looking a bit mirror like, whats your routine ?
    wash it twice a week. Using a good alloy wheel cleaner and a radiator brush to clean inside the rims. Also clean all the shut lines with Autoglym machine cleaner before hand washing the whole car. Polish it once a month. If you keep up to it they just get cleaner and cleaner.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC

thinking about stuff

Status
    Nice lee,

There 8x18. No spacers as i'm on the lookout for a replace set of rms with a bit more girth. Probably 18" BMW E38 splits, if i can find some.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ess_Three
    Maybe some people have better things to do with days of their life, that clean the bloody car?
    I've got better things to do with my money than pay someone to clean my car.

And although I do clean my own car, I've got better things to do with my time than write about it.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Aye you know it makes sense

Status
    HA HA HA

I can clean my own but wanna know how to do it properly, to get the results the detailer companies get.

4th Gear

Status
    didnt even know this section existed.. i always posted in the aftercare section.. will use this one from now one

Age 18: CRX MK2 | Age 20: Corrado VR6 | Age 21: Audi S3 (rip) | Age 23: Audi S3 | Age 25: BMW E46 M3

Polished Bliss

Status
    Some very nicely detailed cars on show above, good to see.

Neutral

Status
    Well i drive my car and boy does it get filthy, but i do love cleaning her up though. Can quite easily spend 4hours easily cleaning!!!!

Ukmkivs is not a pikey site..... i think its a very well run group!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jdp1962
    I've got better things to do with my money than pay someone to clean my car.
    So have I...
    Which is why I like good products that work well with minimum affort...bacause basically, although I like my car to be clean, I'm too lazy to spend days on it...I have far better things to do - like drive the damn thing and get it dirty again!

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

4th Gear

Status
    Nice lee,

bloody hell lee... thats like chrome!!

what polish do you use?

Age 18: CRX MK2 | Age 20: Corrado VR6 | Age 21: Audi S3 (rip) | Age 23: Audi S3 | Age 25: BMW E46 M3

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ess_Three
    So have I...
    Which is why I like good products that work well with minimum affort...
    Amen to that! Which is why I'm delighted to announce that after the longest (and wettest) drought in British history, Thames Water has lifted the hosepipe ban, which means I can clean and dry the car spotless in 15 minutes with my trusty Flash Car Cleaning Kit.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs.

Neutral

Status
    Thank the lord they lifted the hosepipe ban!!!!!

I was bought a pressure washer xmas before last and have never been able to use it.

Bet you dont know what Im doing this weekend...

thinking about stuff

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight
    bloody hell lee... thats like chrome!!

what polish do you use?
    cheers. autoglym for shine, blitz wax for protection.
    Last edited by leecs3; 19th January 2007 at 18:59.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC

Amusing Tagline

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by leecs3
    Seems as though you may have polished it too much.

You've polished your rings off!
    Audi A6 1.8T Avant

Alfa 156 3.0 V6 Veloce

_G_
    4th Gear

Status
    i stumbled upon this thread by accident yesterday when looking for another one.. so thought id post..

i have only had my a3 2.0t for 8 months now and it has already cost me £1200 for service/repair... auto box oil, window regulator, starter motor, hpfp to name but a few.. oil changes every 6k miles etc.

detailing products... have come to around £350.. has had £280 worth of paint correction all round... the bonnet needs a bit of attention again though.

i have never spent that amount of money on any car within 8 months... but its worth it. so im happy to maintain it.. the wifes not too happy about it though but we need a 5 door by the end of the year anyway... so it will be short lived.

wash it once a week... polish it every 2 months and wax it once a month too...