Chrome polishes

batwad

Reaction score
My sister's just got herself a second-hand X-reg Mini (last of the old style, black with one elderly lady owner) and I want to get her some cleaners and polishes for Crimbo so she can keep it spick and span. I've seent loads of recommendations for shampoos, polishes and waxes here but something that's never discussed (cos you don't get it on Audis much) is chrome treatment.

Does anybody have any recommendations for chrome cleaning/polishing products?

The best stuff I've come across is Solvol Autochrome (not to be confused with Autosol which is a totally different German-made metal polish and very commonly mistaken for being the same stuff as Autochrome, trust me it isn't) as it doesn't scratch at all.
Sure it isn't the most abrasive polish around (for that then use Autosol, and be prepared for plenty of tiny visible swirl marks) but it will clean up sound chrome to like new.
I had a pair of Genuine VW Beetle bumpers that had about 20 years of filth and tarnish on them, with Autochrome they came up like new with absolutely no scratching or marking of the chrome at all......
The only problem is getting hold of it, there was recently some on Ebay but it isn't readily available in the shops, which is a shame as its fantastic stuff,its made in the UK by Hammerite.....
Autoglym metal polish is also meant to be good but I personally have never used it...........

63ccac92.jpg

Briliant do a great range of metal polishes including Chrome polishes.

These are quite mild, but work an absolute treat, I'd advise you contact the polishing company for these polishes as I have heard of long delays in getting them direct from Briliant themselves.

www.thepolishingcompany.com