Audi Huntingdon Accident Aftercare

benw123

Reaction score
Got a letter through this week from Audi Huntingdon, who recently serviced my Sportback. They were recommended on this site and were fantastic - great service experience.

Anyway, this letter has details about complimentary accident cover they will provide me, which means that after an accident, they will recover my car, offer a courtesy car and arrange all the necessary repairs. It sounds fantastic - there's a phone number to call on a credit card I just need to keep with me - and doesn't cost anything.

Question is, has anyone else received this offer or had the misfortune to take them up on it? Is it provided by Audi UK or is this a dealer-specific offer? Obviously they'll get the insurance money for the repair so I can see how they'd profit from it, but it would interesting to read about anyone else's experience with this.

hi,i also got this service when i bought my a4 sline se in august from stansed audi.i think its a audi uk thing.

Yep, looks like Audi Uk are rolling this out nationally as so far I've had an accident management card from Aylesbury, Peterborough and Huntingdon Audi, which is where I've had my cars serviced over the years!

It does look good though, and should the unfortunate happen, it could be valuable.

Its a VAG thing, I got the same thing for my Golf from Cooks VW in Peterborough

Its because most accident repairs are done by the insurers chosen shop which will never be a main dealer.

This way for a minimal cost to them they get the accident repair work, read the small print and I bet if you take the vehicle away from them without them doing anything they charge.

One thing about not using the insures approved bodyshop ... your on your own when things go wrong. I found this out when taking our Puma to a Ford main dealer.

Conversely I think I'm correct in saying you have to use the main dealer to keep up your warranty?

The Vindis Group who have several Audi and VW dealerships in and around the Cambridgeshire area also have an Audi approved Bodyshop. This bodyshop is approved by many of the leading insurance companies. When I need some paintwork down after a small car-park incident I spoke to my insurers, Norwich Union Direct and they suggesting taking it to the Vindis Bodyshop so it was the best of both worlds.