Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications

Thread: Rainwater

Grumpy Old Man

Status

Rainwater

I had a water butt installed recently (hosepipe ban, drought order etc. etc.) & have just washed the car for the first time using rainwater from the butt.

Although it has a slight greenish tinge to it, it's fantastic for cleaning the car. Already warmed by the sunshine, it is much less streaky than tap water & seems to take longer to dry, so even on a hot day, I have time to finish washing all of it without having to worry about dry streaks on the bit I washed first. It also leather dry very easily.

From now on, I will always use rainwater until such time as the hosepipe ban is lifted, and I can go back to using the Flash cleaner.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I'm in the process of a new build and will be installing a rainwater harvesting system from the gutters with a 6000litre tank

am looking forward to all the advantages mentioned above and you forgot to mention its free too

6th Gear

Status
    how does the hose work ? a pump etc ?
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy199
    how does the hose work ? a pump etc ?
    Not sure if it's me you're asking, but at the moment, I just use a bucket. There's plenty of water pressure through the tap. I'm hoping to replace the standard tap with a brass one that will take a hosepipe union.

Can't wait to have my tw@tty neighbour report me to the water police for breaking the hosepipe ban, only to find our I'm using rainwater
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ribena
    I'm in the process of a new build and will be installing a rainwater harvesting system from the gutters with a 6000litre tank

am looking forward to all the advantages mentioned above and you forgot to mention its free too
    6000 litres!!!!! Mine holds 225, and that's more than plenty the way it rains round here.

bainsyboy
    If you have got a Karcher pressure washer you can put the hose into the water butt and wash away like normal.

Neutral

Status
    jeff - it will also feed all the toilets and washing machine and was only 200 dearer than the 3000 litre one so i should never need the mains backup