Cabin Pollen Filter

jdp1962

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Dont' pay Audi's extortionate price of £26 for a new filter. Don't even pay Halfords' price of £13.50 for one, assuming they've got one in stock or, failing that, can get one in.

Take the old one out (easier than ever in the B6), put it n a sinkful of hot water laced with washing powder, leave it to soak for an hour. Then clean out the crud (& there'll be lots of it!) with an old toothbrush, refresh the water & washing powder and leave it to soak another hour.

After that, rinse it off in clean hot water, & stick it on top of the boiler to dry.

Good as new, and a few quid saved.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

My pollen filter from the dealer was £11 including vat! ( I always knew helfrauds were expensive!!)

[ QUOTE ]
My pollen filter from the dealer was £11 including vat! ( I always knew helfrauds were expensive!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

My dealer's price was £26 as per original post. Which model do you have?

Hi,

Wheres the pollen filter located on the B6 please? :)

Si

Just changed the pollen filter on our golf and after 12 months and 20k miles it went straight from the car and into the bin it was filthy :)

located on passenger side next to the battery inside a tray,undo clips take out! that simple! (buy from dealer 12 quid +vat!)

i always believe in genuine parts!:footy: