Meguiars "Gold Class"?

madvw

Reaction score
as above really... I was in halfrauds, and noticed the above stuff. I was almost instantly compelled to cane the credit card, but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had anything bad to say about it first?

I was tempted by:

Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo
Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax
Meguiars Quik Clay (Quik detailer and claybar)..

anyone given it a go at all?

[ QUOTE ]
as above really... I was in halfrauds, and noticed the above stuff. I was almost instantly compelled to cane the credit card, but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had anything bad to say about it first?

I was tempted by:

Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo
Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax
Meguiars Quik Clay (Quik detailer and claybar)..

anyone given it a go at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy them. Use them. You will not regret it!

go for it..

I bought gold class, and I also bought the NXT one.

Definately prefer the gold class, though the NXT is easier work, neither of them are particularly onerous.. the gold class lasts longer too.

All Meg's products seem to be good though!

For general use, i use meguiars quick clay, Zymol wash, zymol cleaner wax on occasion, gold class on top.. then occasionally the autoglym stuff, cant remember the name, wipes on almost like water, leave it an hour, buff, gives a nice hard topcoat and keeps the depth of the gold class shine underneath.. time doesnt always permit though!

I used to be a big fan of the Autoglym super-resin polish - it was the only thing that used to get tornado pink back to red again for any period of time...

Reading around though, it looks like I need a polish too, before I apply the wax... Looks like an expensive visit!

Excellent stuff, expensive, but worth the money. I have the clay and gold class which works well for black cars. Also got different grades of paint cleaner which came with Porter cable polisher I bought.

I have...

Meguiars Quick Clay (Quick detailer and claybar)

Meguiars Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner Step 1

Auto-Glym Super Resin Polish

Meguiars Deep Crystal System Carnauba Wax
Step 3

Basically, its Meguiars 3 step system. The clay bar can be used as step one on its own but it wont remove swirls and light sratches.

Step 2 - is the polish step. (i don't have the Meguiars polish as i am using up my auto-glym. What can i say I'm tight) this puts the shine into the paint work.

Step 3 - Waxing. This puts more of a gloss to the shine giving a kind of wet look to the paint and it locks in the polish.

I spent the weekend doing my car took about 6 hours all in. clay bar, then paint cleaner, basically a t-cut. Then polished and waxed. The results speak for themselves. The car has a deep wet looking shine to it this would be achievable on any colour not just black or dark colurs.

But stage one is only necessary a few times a year if you keep your car cleaned polished and waxed once a week or so.

Tip wash your car twice with washing up liquid as that will remove all the grease. Most car shampoo's have some sort of wax in them, which means that you will be removing that when your clay baring and t-cutting, just makes your life a wee bit easier.

The beading on the car is really good ends up like rain-x for paint work even a slight wind moves the beads about on the surface of the car.

Great stuff Gold Class and lasts ages.

Meg's drying cloth is good too - a water magnet. I'd never use a chamois again.

[ QUOTE ]
Great stuff Gold Class and lasts ages.

Meg's drying cloth is good too - a water magnet. I'd never use a chamois again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally agree but don't bother with a water magnet...get a leaf blower!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just pay the kosovans to clean it....is that bad!?

Ive got a waffle weave water magnet as well, i swear by it!! No swirlys for me!!

Oh and that gold class is the nuts!!!

voorhees said:
I pay some Albanians to clean/wax the car then use auto-glym "Ultra deep shine" and then auto-glym "extra gloss protection" Im waiting for the "deep shine " stuff to finish so I can get something else.. it gives a nice shine but leaves white residue everywhere....
bluewater2.jpg

voorhees said:

Not at all. Until one of them drops the chamois, picks it up and then continues to leather your car.

It WILL happen :scared2: