Bird poo!

Audibritz

Reaction score
I washed my car about 3 weeks ago since then I been on holiday in Egypt, came back noticed the car has been attacked by bird poo so decided I better wash it (yesterday) and for some reason the poo has burnt into the paint. I had a pot with t-cut but no luck. im not sure if it's the hot weather we have had over the past few weeks but I've left bird poo on my car longer than 3 weeks and never had any problems.

Sam.

So it was the hot weather then. I've got about 5 patches on the roof. 2 on the bonnet. 1 on the boot and 1 on the rear wing.

Anyone know if a DA polisher will get rid of this with some sort of cutting compound? Dont fancy paying for a respray even tho I front bumper has stone chips and a few parking dings in my doors.

Cheer Sam

So it was the hot weather then. I've got about 5 patches on the roof. 2 on the bonnet. 1 on the boot and 1 on the rear wing.

Anyone know if a DA polisher will get rid of this with some sort of cutting compound? Dont fancy paying for a respray even tho I front bumper has stone chips and a few parking dings in my doors.

Cheer Sam
Yep mate, a da will remove the marks pretty easily.

I hate to see cars driving around the bird poo, little do they know the damage is doing to the paint!

I have a pack of Autoglym Bird Dropping wipes in the glovebox at the ready!lol

Reactions: amped2
Mine never completely went on the z4 even after da polishing, did improve the appearance a lot but I always knew they were there so I always noticed a blemish where they were, the guy who bought the car off me spent 2 hours scouring every inch of the car and never noticed them though.

Suppose it's like having a scratch on your car, once you spot it you always notice it.

BMW paint is the worst for bird poo etching. Doesn't need to be on for long for damage done.

Never had issue with VAG paint. Very resistant on comparison. DA polisher will get it out no issues.....

bird bombs are ****** annoying, best thing to do is wash it off asap, but if this isnt always the case, once removed, do a paint decontamination stage on it, anyone whos good with a machine polisher will bring it out a treat.

depends how deep its etched in to the paint , marks on mine when I bought it and although Ive cut it polished it and had it proffesionally power polished they are still there , if its that deep Im afraid respray is the only way !
Yep mate, a da will remove the marks pretty easily.

I hate to see cars driving around the bird poo, little do they know the damage is doing to the paint!

I have a pack of Autoglym Bird Dropping wipes in the glovebox at the ready!lol
Wipes in the glovebox? By the time you realise what has happened they will be long gone lol

depends how deep its etched in to the paint , marks on mine when I bought it and although Ive cut it polished it and had it proffesionally power polished they are still there , if its that deep Im afraid respray is the only way !
I've never had a problem removing them as long as you use the right combination of pad and polish.

Good to see I'm not the only one with Bird Dropping Wipes in the glove box….. although I have been told its an overkill for a simple problem.

I had some bird crap on my older red A3 in the baking heat and it marred the paint. I could never get it off but didn't have a DA machine then. TBH I think it had burnt the paint or physically damaged it due to the acids.

It was a right "bummer" ;)

you ca use a heat gun and it will removed the etching, you don't want to get the paint too hot but if you keep the gun moving you'll see the etch disappear.

i never believed it at first until i tried it.

got the same issue, ended up w/ marked paintwork as the crap got baked on in the sun for a couple days >:-(

anyone used Scratch X? seems a decent product to try, unless anyone's got better recommendations?
TIA

got the same issue, ended up w/ marked paintwork as the crap got baked on in the sun for a couple days >:-(

anyone used Scratch X? seems a decent product to try, unless anyone's got better recommendations?
TIA

ScratchX is just a cutting compound so will just be a light(ish) abrasive designed to remove a very thin layer. The fact the bird crap has blistered the paint means it won't do much.