Key problems

DunnerDan

Reaction score
Website
www.technohippy.org.uk
One of our keys has gone dead, so thinking it was the battery, got it changed at the loca motor factors. But it still won't play ball /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

We checked the other key but it's totally different inside, different layout and has only one battery unlike the dead one which has 2. So this has got me wondering (well hoping cos we all know how expensive VAG keys are!!!) that maybe there was a fault in the old style, they changed the design, and we'd be able to wangle a new key for free /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Any ideas folks?

When you change batteries on those (I'm guessing we're talking about flip-key ?) remotes they often need to be re-synchronised all together again....
Just replacing batteries will not make it work straight away, as far as I know.
Can't really remember the procedure now, but it is listed in the glovebox manual; something like put 1 key that works in ignition and turn ignition on, then take key that you've replaced batteries in and put it in drivers door lock, press lock/unlock and key should now work.
If it isn't the above, then its something similar /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.