Smoke smell

wesmaster

Reaction score
Hi all, just bought a new car, but previous owner smoked in it. How is best to get rid of manky smoke smell?
Cheers.
Wes.

When i did my grandads, it was pet smell, wet dog and sweaty people!

I vacced full interior, then applied AG interior shampoo and scrubbed with a nail brush - then wipe the scrubbed area with a clean micro fibre rinsed in fresh clean water. Do the full interior (Floor, seats, mats, roof and plastics on doors/dash) once that has been done i applied another AG product which is the equivalent to Fabreeze but has more of a Automotive smell... Leave that to air dry. That cured the smell, many things will cover it but tbh best thing you can do is a deep clean.

Jonny.

A good leather cleaner also helps.But as previous post, only a deep clean will do it, no point masking it with air fresheners etc

Has any one heard of a tornado black air powered cleaner.and forces the contaminants out the material use a citrus one on you tube

Dont forget, loads of the smell will be stuck in the ventilation and filter.

most people always forget about air vents, so what i can recommend to you is use air can (pressure air duster, you can get it for couple of quids from eBay or amazon). Also use deep clean on seat and carpet. don't use rubbish air freshener, just the California scent as it last roughly 5 to 6 months