Acid bird?

Yannis

Reaction score
Parked in the work car park today and when I returned there were about 7 bird droppings on the car. There are no trees or post for these birds so I feel I was targeted!

I washed them off as soon as I got home, but they have left nasty stains that look like they have taken the lacquer off?

I tried all the different potions in my detailing collection, also tried some clay bar, even tried some cut but I really can't tell if the pain has been damaged or if there is a substance sitting on top?

Here are two photos I have taken, it's difficult to get them to come out with the shine of the paint.

Let me know what you think?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397154250876616

I have left bird poop on my cars for weeks before with no effect! Either way, Autoglym did some research into it. Cutting it short, lacquer softens in the sunlight, then hardens around the grains in bird poop when it cools down. Presumably this means your lacquer is still there and hasn't been lifted off. Also given that it softens in sunlight, maybe you can wait until its really hot then try and polish it flat again?

Source

I had this on my roof I'd say a good 2x2 inches in diameter, I had it professionally detailed and it was burnt through my lacquer :( previous owner must have left it on there for years. I ended up carbon wrapping my roof because of it.