Cost of servicing abroad v UK??

tubtub

Reaction score
Has anyone investigated the cost of having their car serviced at an Audi dealership abroad?

I'd heard that it was cheaper across the Channel but it was only when I noticed a new (I think) Audi dealership in Boulogne yesterday it really set me thinking.....

The cost of crossing on the Vomit Comet (SpeedFerries) isn't very much; you can return with a tankful of cheaper fuel and fill your boot with cheap booze and whatever else takes your fancy.

My neighbour has his Renault Scenic serviced in Calais, but he works for Euro Tunnel and gets crossings for £1. I know the service cost is cheaper, however if it saves enough £ to warrant the effort (and cost of a normal crossing) I'm not sure.

I used to go over to Calais before work to pick up beer and fuel every other month, a return trip on Euro Tunnel used to be £9 that early in the morning, but since the new management has come in all cheap crossings are gone. Also now I have a petrol and not a diesel, although the cost of diesel in France has gone up alot recently.

Kev.