A3 annual serious detail

aky20

Reaction score
Hi all,

Maybe this is just something I do, but each year I normally take holiday and spend time detailing the car.

This is not to say that I wont wash the car every week or so and top up the protection on the paint.

Attached below are pictures from my 2 days of madness during my holiday... ha

Enjoy!

Reactions: Sandra
Are we supposed to guess what products you used / how you went about this lol. I can only assume you polished it if you had the tape on? Id never polish a car outside personally.

Reactions: indianbelters
Haha this is the process I followed and products that used. It was too late last night to do the write up.

Decontaminated with snow foam auto finesse averlanche.

Two bucket wash with meguiars shampoo plus

Wheels cleaned with meguiars wheel brightener and ez detail brush

Car sprayed down and wiped down with tardex and then treated with iron x

Car was then clayed down using meguiars clay bar and auto finesse glide

Car washed again and patted dry.

Machine polished with a da using 3m extra fine plus and ultrafina.

Paint sealed using blackfire paint sealant and blackfire midnight sun paste wax.

Wheels sealed with poorboys wheel sealant.

Rubber seals, grills and wheels finished with 303 protectant.

Exhaust cleaned with autosol and car finished off with blackfire wet diamond polymer spray.

Reactions: s3_trev
Ha agree on not polishing a car outside but no access to a garage yet.

Reactions: s3_trev
Your car looks stunning. The attention to detail is something you should be proud of and it shows in the end result. A job very well done and thank you for sharing with us all. :) x

Excellent work.
I do the same, take two days off work to spend on the cars.
Wife thinks im crazy but im glad im not the only one.

Reactions: aky20
Great job looks superb. If you have not got a garage there is no option but to clean outside .

Great job looks superb. If you have not got a garage there is no option but to clean outside .

Useing some products in direct sunlight can actually damage paintwork especially some waxes always read product before use.

Excellent job there mate it looks great! This could be a complete noob question but then again I am still quite new to all this, why do you tape the bump strips along your door? Don't you want to polish/wax those as well?