CLEANING THE HOOD ON A A4 CONVERTIBLE

sambrum

Reaction score
I've got a red hood on my A4 and it's looking a bit sorry for itself after Londons traffic grime, does anyone know the best way to clean these hoods without damaging the fabric? cheers sam

I used to work at Audi as a valeter. The majority of cleaning materials that I used were ordered directly from two suppliers and are`nt sold in the shops but you will be able to get hold of something similar

What you need ideally is some sort of cleaner that you can spray onto the hood and then leave for around 5-10 minutes. Afterwards I would use the steamer and hot water to blast it off at close range. I did`nt have any further trouble but if you do I would suggest scrubbing the hood lightly

I`m sure you will be able to find something at a local car accessories shop designed for cleaning fabric hoods. Even a cleaner for fabric seats would be a good bet. I would try and use a jet wash to blast the hood because a hose pipe has nowhere nr the same amount of power

I can`t really recommend products because everything I used is for the trade and never really seen in shops but you can find similar

HTH