Best Wax?

ScottishA4B9

Reaction score
Hi All

I have everything on order to start my detailing of my car, apart from wax.

I have Misano red so something that would best suit that and not full of fillers.

There seems to be so much choice on the market.

I would say Angelwax Desirable! Have a talk with Mark from Brotek on here and he will help you out. Desirable is very easy on and off and leaves a great finish. You happen to be on DW aswell?

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Vics red concours wax would look stunning my friend! only £23 too!

Reactions: manor13 and ScottishA4B9
I would say Angelwax Desirable! Have a talk with Mark from Brotek on here and he will help you out. Desirable is very easy on and off and leaves a great finish. You happen to be on DW aswell?

Yes mate! I have heard that it's good. I dropped Mark a message as he has got some stunning results from Misano red Audis using Angelwax!

Reactions: Welshquattro
I thought you was, I have same username on there aswell! Desirable gave stunning results on my Mauritius blue A4 but mark can advise if it's the best for ur colour. Have used Angelwax guardian aswell which is great for the winter months. I have found most of the Angelwax range to be very good and easy to use. Mark was a great help when I started out and is a top man!

I use Angel Wax Dark Angel for my brilliant black A4 and I can safely say that it looks like a new car when I'm done. Simply stunning Is an understatement. So I definitely think your in good hands with Mark.

I use Angel Wax Dark Angel for my brilliant black A4 and I can safely say that it looks like a new car when I'm done. Simply stunning Is an understatement. So I definitely think your in good hands with Mark.

No disrespect but remember its all in the prep 95% prep 5% Wax or LSP!

Prep Prep Prep!!!!!!

Cheers

Reactions: wxc
No disrespect but remember its all in the prep 95% prep 5% Wax or LSP!

Prep Prep Prep!!!!!!

Cheers

Yup. I've got the Autosmart Tardis, Snow Foam, Autobrite HD Foam Lance, new Karcher K2, Meguiars clay bar detailer and detailing tape all ready.

I'm going to watch the junkman vids on YouTube then going to the local scrappys tomorrow for a body panel to practice on first.

Reactions: Brodster
With that attitude its going to be a absolute Stunner!!!!!

Add some Iron X to that lot and your going to be well and truly amazed it's such a lovely car you have it deserves the best my friend!!!

Can't wait to see the progress! if you need any help please ask away!

Cheers

Paid for an entire pot, used it once properly (as you know I would), realised that actually it was no better than Desirable for finish. Sold it.

Welcome to the real world LOL!!!!!

Prep Prep Prep!!!!!!

Yesssss...obviously I took it down the jet wash first.

I don't live in the real world.

And two weeks and four washes later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MrBones
Yesssss...obviously I took it down the jet wash first.

I don't live in the real world.

And two weeks and four washes later.

Wow a whole 2 weeks later!!

You deffo don't live in the real world I agree LOL! Looks a lovely finish I'm yet to be sent a Angle wax to test!

Looks really good! As long as your happy fella jog on!

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Well put your hand in your pocket and buy some then. It's very very good value, I rate it on a par with Zymol Glasur, durability is great too.

It helps to use a super fluffy MF to remove, and it needs to be broken down well to give its best results but the finish and durability is great.

With regards the "Wow, a whole two weeks later" lark...What do you do for a living?

Vics red concours wax would look stunning my friend! only £23 too!

very good and so easy to use. I am going to venture into some of their other waxes on the back of conc. glasur from zymol is good as well but a tad dear should be around carbons price which i like on my black a3.
theres a fella on ebay selling some Jap wax called soft99 which is meant to be the dogs danglies as well £30 a pot

Well put your hand in your pocket and buy some then. It's very very good value, I rate it on a par with Zymol Glasur, durability is great too.

It helps to use a super fluffy MF to remove, and it needs to be broken down well to give its best results but the finish and durability is great.

With regards the "Wow, a whole two weeks later" lark...What do you do for a living?

Living dream!

No disrespect but coming on here with two very shakey videos done in the evening with no lighting really does not inspire me in the slightest!! What are you after a pat on the back?

Any real detailer knows it's in the prep and not a final wax that adds about 10 - 5% of the finish come on fella!

Loving this Super fluffy MF to remove! that must add months to the protection I mean come on! you are very much out of your depth with me fella! have been around this game my whole life!

Your only local to me sure a bit of digging will reveal what I do! not that I give two hoots what you do LOL!!!! (honest I don't care)

Cheers

With that attitude its going to be a absolute Stunner!!!!!

Add some Iron X to that lot and your going to be well and truly amazed it's such a lovely car you have it deserves the best my friend!!!

Can't wait to see the progress! if you need any help please ask away!

Cheers

Thanks very much mate, really appreciate the offer. Just ordered some Iron X so cheers for the tip! :)
I've got the chemical guys hexlogic orange and white pads. Would I need a red one also? I just need to get my head round the polishing stage and what order to do things.

Last edited:
Hope to see some pic's of the finished car! I think the hardest part is picking the products as so many to chose from and everybody has different suggestions. I'm just hoping for some good weather and time off so I can get on with mine. Good luck mate :thumbsup:

Thanks very much mate, really appreciate the offer. Just ordered some Iron X so cheers for the tip! :)
I've got the chemical guys hexlogic orange and white pads. Would I need a red one also? I just need to get my head round the polishing stage and what order yo do things.

I love the Hex-logic pads!

If it was me yes I would go for black as thats a finishing pad were the Orange is a compound) White is polishing pad)

The black finishing pad will refine the finish and remove buffer trails and swirls! And if your going to be using a sealant or paste wax the than the red pad is the one as it has no cut fella!

1) Compound
2) Polish
3) Finishing
4) LSP

Just remember to start with the least abrasive and work your way up until your happy with the correction results desired, with that Das 6 pro you cant really go wrong!

HTH Cheers

Reactions: Welshquattro and ScottishA4B9
I love the Hex-logic pads!

If it was me yes I would go for black as thats a finishing pad were the Orange is a compound) White is polishing pad)

The black finishing pad will refine the finish and remove buffer trails and swirls! And if your going to be using a sealant or paste wax the than the red pad is the one as it has no cut fella!

1) Compound
2) Polish
3) Finishing
4) LSP

Just remember to start with the least abrasive and work your way up until your happy with the correction results desired, with that Das 6 pro you cant really go wrong!

HTH Cheers

Thanks very much for the continuing advice! It is very much appreciated! 👍
What does LSP mean? Sorry if it's obvious!
I'm slowly getting my head around all this! Lol

Well I ordered a red hex logic pad this morning so hopefully that will do. Or do you think I would need a black pad as well?

Thanks very much for the continuing advice! It is very much appreciated! ������
What does LSP mean? Sorry if it's obvious!
I'm slowly getting my head around all this! Lol

Well I ordered a red hex logic pad this morning so hopefully that will do. Or do you think I would need a black pad as well?

No worries at all, Glad I can be of some use!

LSP = Last stage product ie Wax or Sealant! It's a minefield all these names lol!!!!

Red is for really applying LSP as it does not have any cut, A black pad would be a great step to refine your finish as thats what its for finishing just before your LSP!

But don't tell the Mrs all this money your spending like me I have to hide it all LOL!!
Cheers

No worries at all, Glad I can be of some use!

LSP = Last stage product ie Wax or Sealant! It's a minefield all these names lol!!!!

Red is for really applying LSP as it does not have any cut, A black pad would be a great step to refine your finish as thats what its for finishing just before your LSP!

But don't tell the Mrs all this money your spending like me I have to hide it all LOL!!
Cheers

So I would use the black pad with the 105 (or 205?) after using the white pad with the 105 or 205?

Doesn't look like I will need the orange pad.

I will use the red pad for applying the sealants and waxes!

I didn't order the black pad as the guy I spoke to at CYC said I would only need the red as well really. I'm now wondering if I should amend my order quickly before they dispatch it, and get a black pad as well!

So I would use the black pad with the 105 (or 205?) after using the white pad with the 105 or 205?

Doesn't look like I will need the orange pad.

I will use the red pad for applying the sealants and waxes!

I didn't order the black pad as the guy I spoke to at CYC said I would only need the red as well really. I'm now wondering if I should amend my order quickly before they dispatch it, and get a black pad as well!

No the pads you have for the 105 & 205 are perfect as Audi paint is known to be very hard and no I would not use 105 on the black pad as its a finishing pad!

Until you try them yourself on the car you really don't no fella what combo your going to be happy with and how many passes your need to get correction! Theres nothing wrong with using the 205 on the black pad for a finer finish after!

Reactions: Welshquattro and ScottishA4B9
No the pads you have for the 105 & 205 are perfect as Audi paint is known to be very hard and no I would not use 105 on the black pad as its a finishing pad!

Until you try them yourself on the car you really don't no fella what combo your going to be happy with and how many passes your need to get correction! Theres nothing wrong with using the 205 on the black pad for a finer finish after!

Thanks mate. chemical guys black hexlogic pad now on order as well!

Your costing me a fortune with your recommendations! Lol

very good and so easy to use. I am going to venture into some of their other waxes on the back of conc. glasur from zymol is good as well but a tad dear should be around carbons price which i like on my black a3.
theres a fella on ebay selling some Jap wax called soft99 which is meant to be the dogs danglies as well £30 a pot

I use the soft 99 authentic on my black a4. Love it. Easy on easy off great shine does add a little bit of a wet look heres reflection from my roof on a sunny day after a wash ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393957394239864

I use the soft 99 authentic on my black a4. Love it. Easy on easy off great shine does add a little bit of a wet look heres reflection from my roof on a sunny day after a wash

Have you got anymore pics mate? Looks like you did a good job there! 😎

Reactions: Avnt
Wow guys ...your cars look so cool.

I m a total beginner here so where do I need to start to get a good polish on my a4 Quattro?Any advice will be so much appreciated.

Thank you.

Well buy it then and found out how good it is. So many to choose from so there will be a wax in the range that suits you. Dont wait for a sample to drop on your doorstep just go out and buy it.

Received mine today cheers mark

Well buy it then and found out how good it is. So many to choose from so there will be a wax in the range that suits you. Dont wait for a sample to drop on your doorstep just go out and buy it.

Thanks again for the recommendation for the Angelwax

I'm Lucky enough and cleaver enough to get samples sent to me first before I recommend people spend there hard earned cash and buy a pot of wax! But your words above have inspired me to do a real world test!

I have confirmation of my sample being sent to me by the end of this week in the form of desirable, from up north so I will of course give you my opinion as thats what your after Brodster (Mark)

I look forward to your input fella!

Cheers

finally had a chance to clean mine today, finished off with victoria concours wax, only had time to put one layer on but pleased with the results. bit strange at first applying it bare handed.

not the best photos but gives an idea on the finish on a red car.