I have had my Solar Orange S3 detailed

s5joe

Reaction score
I have copied and pasted this from another fourm being lazy and its my car anyway ha ha ha

Hi Folks,
A very Happy New Year to you all! Welcome to my first (albeit short) write up of 2014, a few pictures of Joe's Audi S3! As you might have guessed, Joe has changed his car more than the weather in the last 12 months, but to be fair, a deal came up he simply couldn't refuse so swapped the Mk5 Golf GTi (Our own Joes Golf GTI - Decent Enhancement! (Page 1) - Detailing Showroom - Waxamomo Forum) for this beauty. A very noticeable step up in terms of spec and refinement, it's a really lovely car this. Colour is very divisive, some love some hate. Personally, I think it makes a nice change and it really suits the lines of the car well!
It's a pretty fully loaded model too, so I've got a feeling that Joe might be hanging on to this one for a while! (After it's been remapped of course!)
Just a few before pictures - Joe had done most of the prep work himself before coming down to the warehouse, including a thorough wash, decon and clay, which really saved a lot of time for us on Saturday.

We treated the car to an initial pre-wash using AF Citrus Power, before a snow foam with Avalanche to really loosen the surface dirt. Wheels were cleaned using appropriate cleaners and brushes before a hand wash using the 2BM and a Wax-Tec Mitt. BriteMax CleanMAX was the shampoo of choice for a slick feel and loads of suds!

No more process pics I'm afraid, I think we were too busy chatting!
The car turned out to be in excellent condition, no real swirls to speak of. It looked to me that it had been previously detailed to a high standard, as there was evidence of some scratch removal via polishing on the bonnet where some really deep marks had been reduced. Therefore, a simple paint cleanse using Auto Finesse Rejuvenate on the DA was all that was required.
While I sorted the paint, Joe sorted the interior using the Steam Cleaner and various leather products. Here's a 50:50 showing the difference between a dirty, shiny drivers seat, and a cleaned satin finish passenger seat.

Another 50:50 showing the difference on the boot carpet, right side hoovered a steamed...

Joe had recently acquired another Definitive Wax for his collection, and decided to use it as the LSP:

He had to apply it though, as I really can't stand the smell, makes me feel sick!
We deliberately left the exhaust as it's having a full STST custom jobby next week, but all other bits and bobs were treated. Joe did the glass with Nanolex, I did the tyres with Dodo Basics Tyre & Trim and the black plastics with Dodo Supernatural Trim Sealant.
After all that, we pulled it out for some after shots, the Solar Orange looking lovely in the mid afternoon sun.

Thanks for reading! I've got a couple of cars pencilled in soon, a white Range Rover Sport and a Black Nissan Navara Off Road truck with Jacked Up suspension and big knobbly tyres!
A final one to finish...

All the Best
Jon