Insurance

mikemyres

Reaction score
Hi, I passed not long ago, I'm 19 years old and have a 92 Audi 100E 2litre, and had to pay £1400 for insurance.

It's rather annoying, but considering my mate got quoted £1500 for his mitisibushi colt 1.6 (insurance group 6) the Audi insurance isn't too bad.

Does anyone know any good insurance companies come next year when I renew?

Try Confused to search a large number of insurers in one hit.

I've been with Direct Line for the past 3 years now as they have come up with the most competitive quote each time. Always pays to shop around though, never renew your insurance without checking some other companies first.

Dan mentioned Swift. I've just moved my Father over to them after doing a search on Confused oh his behalf - His insurance came down from £233 to £153, a massive saving percentage wise!

And welcome to the forum by the way!

Kev.

Adrian Flux

Performance Direct

Priveledge

All the above have provided me with excellent quotes and cover over the years. Best to ring around and play companies off against each other.

As nobody has metioned Greenlight I'd give them a call too, especially if your thinking of mods.

Was down to greenlight or Adrian Flux for me this year and Adrian Flux just won by offering protected no claims but they wern't as good on mods or track day cover - I'll be going for Greenlight if they can protect my no claims next year.

Well, I finally got my insurance through today from norwich had to pay full amount £1900 and there going to fefund me £500 to bring it down to £1400 when I get my pass plus certifcate number through.

I will have pictures of my little beast up soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

TBH mate, until i hit 25 i used the back of max power for insurance on every car, performance or not, without fail every year! Takes a few hours but they're the best for young drivers, just be careful though i remember one company demanded the full amount over £600 bumber wack and they wern't polite about it either, The likes of direct line and norwich under 25 usually will quote you silly!

i'm in a 1.8T and i'm paying £1300 a year fully comp with 1 year NCB. thats with elephant bought online. you can twist the truth a bit with some of your details...

Dave