shopping List

rosscopeeco13

Reaction score
Hi All , one thing I have always loved doing is washing my cars could spend the weekend happily doing both my cars if the wife would let me lol, i currently do wash with two buckets and use a meguirs lambswool misusing meguiars nxt car shampoo then i dry it with my sons drying towel, i have a clay bar and lube spray which i use sometimes , as for polish glass cleaner wheel cleaner etc i use hd wax and hd glass cleaner , when I look on detailing and car care product sites it is a minefield for me as I don't have a clue what to buy , what I would love is a shopping list from the guys and gals on here that are in the know if that isn't too much problem , before I tended to spend more time on my main car but now after waiting for ages to find my perfect s3 8l which i always wanted I would like to spend as much time on this car keeping it mint as I do on my merc, so looking to get some new cleaning goodies but don't know what to get.regardsRoss

I was in the same boat as you until I spoke to Brotek / Detailing Barn (Mark) forum sponsor.

I have since had 3 deliveries from Mark.Tthe products and service have been spot on.

Give him a call or PM him

Reactions: Welshquattro
Part of the fun I find is trying stuff to see what you like. A lot of it is personal preference.

Today I gave the car what will be it's final wash/clean for this year.

Started with Angle-wax shampoo (it does smell nice) (2 bucket wash)
Dried with a large towel from the detailing Barn
Wheels cleaned with revelation then Bilberry, and finally waxed with Bilberry wheel wax
Windows cleaned/polished inside and out with something that's not that good. it left dust on the dashboard. Next product I will have to source from Mark aka the detailing barn. Then H2Go on the glass.
Then tyres and exterior black trim done with Elixir.
Interior done with a range of products from Angle-Wax. This included the leather seats, plastic trim and carpets.

No photos as I then had to go out.

Reactions: Brodster and Welshquattro
Invest in a pressure washer first if you don't already have one. No point buying nice smelly shampoos and waxes if you're scratching the paintwork during the wash stage, no matter how carefully you go with the mitt.

Invest in a pressure washer first if you don't already have one. No point buying nice smelly shampoos and waxes if you're scratching the paintwork during the wash stage, no matter how carefully you go with the mitt.

I think B&Q have a deal on at the moment.

what exactly did you use on the leathers, i need to clean mine and have no idea what to go get, gliptone seems to be a favorite...

He used AW Heaven which is a leather cleaner and conditioner. They also do another quality product called Hide-Rate which uses the moisture in the air to keep the leather subtle and doesnt dry out and crack. Both products in stock @ The Detailing Barn

i think i'm gona give this heaven for leather a go. you jus spray it on the seats and wipe with a microfibre i assume?

Part of the fun I find is trying stuff to see what you like. A lot of it is personal preference.

im with you here on that one. most of the fun is trying all the different products that are out there and see what works best for you