Blackfire Crystal sealant. Updated with pics.

sidibear

Going with the flow.
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quicky.
Can you use it over wax?

Last edited:
Not really, it's designed to be applied onto polished not waxed paintwork.

Have you just got it? Looks like an interesting product, a no buff sealant. I've been using spray sealants this year and really like the ease of use.

I have just ordered some to try from Polished Bliss,(£14.50) hell of a lot cheaper than a seller on eBay.(£28.99) for the same size bottle.

Its got some good reviews, and being the lazy git that I am am, spray on and walk away appeals to me.

I have a couple of coats of Collinite on the car in prep for winter, but I will try this over the top to see if it works / makes a difference.
If it doesn't I haven't lost anything, as I will use it on freshly prepared paintwork next year when I polish it all back and start again.

I've been starting to use Tough Coat and absolutely love it but on the otherhand love the blackfire still

So today I had chance to wash the car and put some Blackfire on it. Now bear in mind I am an everyday guy who likes to keep his car clean, and I want to do it with minimum time and effort. I will put in the time and effort to get a good result, but mainly I want to use something that is fairly quick and easy.

Read this bit, its important and part of it all.
Beginning of September saw my car getting its usual tribble mitt wash with Chemical Guys Citrus wash and dried off with a woolly mammoth before Blackhole was put over it using a DDJ buff daddy. Final touch was Collinite doublecoat over the front end, roof and tailgate, allowed to haze, buffed off by hand and then the whole car done with Collinite liquid insulator wax.
The reason for that bit was to show that yes, I do put some time and effort into the car, and secondly, that's all that has been done to it since the beginning of September other than a couple of citrus washes. Lava Gray Pearl Metallic Kept outside on public road in all weather.

Now, today saw enough nice weather to give it a wash, and finally get some Blackfire on to it. First thing I can say about using it is that all the reviews say its as simple as wipe on and walk away. They are lying, the only way this product could be easier to use is if you left it on the front door step, pointed to your car and told the bottle it was that one and it did it itself. Oh yes, spray it onto a cloth or the bodywork, one panel at a time, smear it around and leave it. Yes, honestly, as easy as that.
I used a folded microfibre to wipe it onto the bodywork, left to right wipes then up and down across the panel.
I got mine from Polished Bliss £14.95 free delivery for a 4oz bottle, other suppliers may do the same price / deal, I just happened to use Polished Bliss as it came up on a Google search for Blackfire. Note, the same size bottle is being sold on eBay for £29.95.

Instructions on the bottle say to clay and polish the paintwork first and use a pad to apply.

I used it on washed paintwork on top of wax using a folded microfibre.

How did it come out you ask?
How much longer do we have to read through this crap for I hear you ask?

It came out like this.

And trust me when I say the photos do not show it as shiny as it actually is, pics taken around 3.30 this afternoon, so its not what you would call a sunny bright day. The paint surface is smooth and the metallic flakes in the paint really pop.

If mine came out like this with just a wash and applied over wax, just think what it would come out like if used as directed.
Very simple product to use and very quick and effective results.

Last edited:
Reactions: J8TT X
I bought this when it came out. Very disappointed. Maybe should have coated up over the next few washes but meh, not for me.