Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By scotty76
  • 1 Post By Audi Dynamik
  • 1 Post By DAYTONA500
  • 1 Post By sidibear
  • 1 Post By DAYTONA500
  • 1 Post By Brodster
  • 1 Post By Veneeringman

Thread: Winter's on its way, Time to protect the Dynamik.

6th Gear

Status

Question Winter's on its way, Time to protect the Dynamik.

Hello looking for abit of help on which wax to buy etc..

Now Winters on its way i would like to protect the Dynamik from the snow,rain,salt,ice from the roads.

I am willing to pay about £50 max for a proper decent wax which is easy to apply and buff off to protect the car through the winter months. I also want something which will give the car a stunning shine (The car is Brilliant Red) and makes the paintwork feel silky and all the water is beading on it in the morning when i wake up. I am thinking about Auto Glym HD Wax but can anybody recommend anything better ?

Before i wax the car i am also looking to give it a good polish, what can you recommend me for that ?

I have also ran out of lubricant for claying the car, does it matter what lubricant i use ? I used Auto Glym before can anybody recommend anything better ?

I am also looking for some sealant can anybody recommend some decent sealant ?

I never trust wheel cleaner i always think it will corrode my wheels.
    I have black and silver diamond cut wheels and i want some wheel wax to protect them from all the crap off the roads in winter so can anybody recommend something for them which is safe and will not damage them ?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Audi Dynamik; 21st October 2013 at 17:18.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html
    Reputation given for the best answer.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Winter's on its way, Time to protect the Dynamik.

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dynamik View Post
    Hello looking for abit of help on which wax to buy etc..

Now Winters on its way i would like to protect the Dynamik from the snow,rain,salt,ice from the roads.

I am willing to pay about £50 max for a proper decent wax which is easy to apply and buff off to protect the car through the winter months. I also want something which will give the car a stunning shine (The car is Brilliant Red) and makes the paintwork feel silky and all the water is beading on it in the morning when i wake up. I am thinking about Auto Glym HD Wax but can anybody recommend anything better ?

Before i wax the car i am also looking to give it a good polish, what can you recommend me for that ?

I have also ran out of lubricant for claying the car, does it matter what lubricant i use ? I used Auto Glym before can anybody recommend anything better ?

I have black and silver diamond cut wheels and i want some wheel wax to protect them from all the crap off the roads in winter so can anybody recommend something for them which is safe and will not damage them ?

Thanks in advance
    Could look at GTechniq Exo v2?

6th Gear

Status
    Wow that does look amazing actually, what concerns me though once its opened it only last 2 weeks.
    Her 2011 Limited Edition A4 Dynamik 2.0 Tfsi quattro 211 BHP Saloon & Mine 2013 Bmw 535D M Sport 313 Bhp 630nm.
    ***Audi's In The Park***The Biggest Audi Event In Europe 10th August 2014*** http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audis-park-aitp-2014/221933-audis-park-2014-show-10th-august-billing-aquadrome.html

1st Gear

Status
    Wow that does look amazing actually, what concerns me though once its opened it only last 2 weeks.
    How long does it take you to do your car...? :P

It will do everything though, glass, wheels, bodywork.

6th Gear

Status
    Will there be enough to cover a whole car ? As i have the wife's to do aswell, which might be a few weeks after depending on the weather. Do you use it your self ?

1st Gear

Status
    Will there be enough to cover a whole car ? As i have the wife's to do aswell, which might be a few weeks after depending on the weather. Do you use it your self ?
    I'll be purchasing some shortly (when I get car back from body shop!), read plenty of good things about it both on here and some detailing websites. Not sure on size of bottle but I'm sure it will be able to cover 1 car at least.

If you call the UK head office the guy there is more than helpful on questions. Can't remember his name but their office is about 10 minutes from where I live which is handy.

6th Gear

Status
    Ahh right, when you apply it please let me know how you got on with it
    Thanks.

1st Gear

Status
    Ahh right, when you apply it please let me know how you got on with it
    Thanks.
    Will do, probably won't be for a few weeks yet though!

5th Gear

Status
    Exo v2 sounds a touch fiddly to apply what with IPA wipe down etc. Also I'd be stuffed, I have no garage so would fail at this bit:

"Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 5c, is completely dry and will stay dry for at least 3 hours after application"

Stay dry for 3 hours, no chance at the moment.

Let us know how you get on.
    Audi Dynamik likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty76 View Post
    Exo v2 sounds a touch fiddly to apply what with IPA wipe down etc. Also I'd be stuffed, I have no garage so would fail at this bit:

"Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 5c, is completely dry and will stay dry for at least 3 hours after application"

Stay dry for 3 hours, no chance at the moment.

Let us know how you get on.
    Ha, I read that and though hmm, maybe I should invest in an e-z up lol.

6th Gear

Status
    Thanks for the input guys
    Does anybody else have any other suggestions please ?
    markwiggy likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    IMG_0589_zpscafd741a.jpgAs i suggested in a previous threadV Needing some advice with detailing... S3... need suggestions Collinite 476 wax is the best value and longest lasting wax on the planet ,i put a second coat on mine today ready for winter.
    Audi Dynamik likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Wow, stunning shine on that, i may consider some of that, but the thing is, if it is so good then why is it only £16 compared to others at £50-60 etc.. ?

Looking for Zombies !!

Status
    You need to get the shine on first, then whack some Colly over it.
    I use Colly 476 Double coat over the front of the car, bonnet and over the tailgate. Then do the entire car with Colly 845 Liquid insulator, warm it up, give it a good shake and it takes around 10 minutes to cover the car, literally wipes on.

I did mine a month or two ago and it still beads like a good un. In a few weeks I will give it a good wash then another coat of 845 to get it over winter.

Best easiest wax I have ever used.
    Audi Dynamik likes this.

JSD 2.59
    Synergy-Solutions

2nd Gear

Status
    Wow, stunning shine on that, i may consider some of that, but the thing is, if it is so good then why is it only £16 compared to others at £50-60 etc.. ?
    I don't set the prices but i do know that because something is more expensive it doesn't automatically make it better than a cheaper product .
    ChrisP1303 likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Yeah i know that, I was thinking, With products like Chemical guys/Auto Glym are you just paying for the name ?

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    PM sent
    Audi Dynamik likes this.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

2nd Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=Audi Dynamik;1994156]Yeah i know that, I was thinking, With products like Chemical guys/Auto Glym are you just paying for the name ?[/QUOTE Its like it with a lot of things you "just pay for the name",i only use Collinite for the winter because of the durability,rest of the time i use DoDo Juice products.

Bazinga

Status
    I used Sonax Extreme on the red arrow at the weekend easy to apply and looked stunning when done.
    Audi Dynamik likes this.
    2012 Misano Red RS3 / Bucket seats Heated front & Rear / Aluminium Styling Pack / Bose / RNS-E / Bluetooth / Mobile phone prep low / AMI / Reversing Sensors / LED number plate lights / Led interior light pack / VCDS / Cruise Control / Exclusive Inlays / Auto Lights & Wipers / 8.5J fronts / extended leather / Michelin Pilot super sport tyres / and a few other things

6th Gear

Status
    Which one ? There is loads of different ones.

1st Gear

Status
    If you look at a thread called professional machine polish . There is a link to my car being detailed and at the bottom of the link there is the lads email address . Drop him a message and ask him what's best for the car . He is a real nice lad . Does some amazing work on cars and does tuition on detailing and sells some amazing products . Not rip off prices and quality products .

6th Gear

Status
    Sorry i bought some products off Brodster. Thanks anyway mate