Winter detail done today

scotty76

Reaction score
Well, the leaves are falling and it's getting to that time of year. Sadly this year I have too many commitments to take a whole day out to do this myself. So I dropped Nick @ Detail My Car an email to see what could be done. Note I have no connection to Nick other than as a satisfied customer and I am unapologetic about supporting local businesses. So several hours and some FK1000P and Pink Wax later, this is how she looks. I'd have no hesitation in recommending DetailMyCar if you are anywhere near Newbury.

P1050105.jpg

P1050108.jpg

P1050106.jpg

Reactions: Luke2.0tdi2010 and MrBones
Its good to see some photos. I'm in talks with Nick about doing mine once I pick it up. (New car protection). I just can't decide on whether to have the ceramishield option or not..

Its good to see some photos. I'm in talks with Nick about doing mine once I pick it up. (New car protection). I just can't decide on whether to have the ceramishield option or not..

If I had a new car I would definitely pay the extra for Ceramishield. After all if you start out well protected the finish should last longer and make your life easier. Just my opinion, I realise it's expensive but so's a new car. :)

Obligatory morning after beading shot. Photo doesn't do it justice. Nice round beads which just rolled off as soon as I moved the car.

P1050109.jpg

Did you wax after using the fk1000p like 2 coats of fk1000p then in my case poorboys nattys paste on top?

Has anyone else had ceramishield coated onto their car? Does it live up to the advertising blurb i.e. hard, scratch resistant etc?