JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications

Thread: Dealer cleaning

1st Gear

Status

Dealer cleaning

With my new car being built next week, I need to start thinking about its protection (paintwork that is). I'd already turned down the overpriced Autoglym protection they try to push, and was planning to get a detailer to do the job as significantly cheaper (and prob better than the muppets employed by a dealership). However whilst on the phone to the dealer, they mentioned that they actually use an external company called procleanse for their valeting needs, and offered the autoglym stuff at £200 (instead of £399). This would include the full protection inside/out plus the usual bag of cleaning goodies.The detailer was around £175 ish.Now the question is - has anybody heard of these guys (procleanse), and are they decent i.e. can they be trusted not to make a complete hash of things, or do I just go with my original plan of using a detailer?
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    i have mates that do this for evans halshaw they also have an external company in house that do this for there new cars

think of your local polish car wash
    theres your answer get a detailer to do it for you

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    procleanse there a national company that send workers into dealerships all self employed workers
    they just employ anyone and everyone
    they spray the seats with autoglym products and the paintwork with autoglym aswell
    i have some of what they use in a plain bottle its just like the spray on wipe off shine stuff like in halfords etc
    you could buy all the stuff they use for prob around £50 max and do it your self
    a detailes will use the correct protection stuff.

the lads i know turned out 63 cars last week when the 63 plate came out and that was on a friday 8am till 6pm
    so that shows how fast it can be done

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    I would definitely say get a proper detailer to do it for you. My mums friend got a detailing package with her Mercedes and they did a rubbish job. I have been detailing my friends Golf over the weekend and so far it has taken around 20 hours. I doubt any dealership will take that long on any one car. I will post some pictures of the results when it is finished (hopefully tonight)

Neutral

Status
    I would get a pro in. Mine was done before I picked it up, told the dealer not to touch the cat at all. Detailer said they were washing new cars with brushes and slapping the lifeshine on......30 mins per car, as opposed to the 2 man team and 8 hours spent on mine!
    Glacier White Black Edition 2.0T Fsi Quattro stronic
    Advanced Key, Nappa Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Interior Light pack

4th Gear

Status
    If ur going to get a brand new car, get a protection detail from a detailer.
    Professional job and a peace of mind ur new car is protected over the wintertime
    No way dealer car washer dudes are going to take their time with urs if they are on price work
    Audi A4 BE 2.0 TDI 177 Quattro

2nd Gear

Status
    My local dealer use a external company and scratched a marred. Had to get a pro to sort it out( at Audi's expense). Get a pro dude be a far better job

1st Gear

Status
    That answers that question then! I'll still go for the detailer. I did ask the dealership whether they would allow the detailer to do his work onsite prior to the handover, but was told no he can't. So I'll have to put up with whatever the muppets do to it beforehand and get the detailer on it asap after purchase. I'll be making sure that I check it with a fine tooth comb and asking to see a copy of the pre-delivery report as well...
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

2nd Gear

Status
    Just tell the dealer not to touch it . Pick up the car and drop it off at the detailers. They'll was it with dirty water and use brushes. Lol then try and polish it.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambo26 View Post
    Just tell the dealer not to touch it . Pick up the car and drop it off at the detailers. They'll was it with dirty water and use brushes. Lol then try and polish it.
    Agree with this..don't let the dealer touch it, it will only be more work to fix it!!!
    Glacier White Black Edition 2.0T Fsi Quattro stronic
    Advanced Key, Nappa Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Interior Light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Ideally that would be the case, however I will be letting them do the usual PDI because so they can't try and blame any marks/swirls/poor prep on whomever I choose to use.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smk82 View Post
    Ideally that would be the case, however I will be letting them do the usual PDI because so they can't try and blame any marks/swirls/poor prep on whomever I choose to use.
    I do hope they don't clean it,I have lost count how many 'dealer did this' stories I have read on brand spanking new cars.