Annoying dots of tree sap!

tally2425

Reaction score
Basically i park my car under trees can't avoid this (all my road is covered with trees) and i get little dots of tree sap all over my car and was wondering what's the best product to prevent it from sticking (if there's such thing) it's rather annoying when you clean the car and 2 hours later you can see the dots again!

I hate that stuff! It's not actually tree sap it's something called honeydew which is basically insect secretions :what:

The only way to make it easy to remove is keep the car clean with a couple of layers of a decent wax or sealant. I find with this, a bit of quick detailer and a microfibre gets it off. Still a pain in the proverbial though, Best bet is try to park somewhere else, although I appreciate this may not be possible. You could take heart in the fact is not all year round.

had the same problem, on my LZ9Y (Phantom Black, pearl effect) and after several hours of work managed to remove it. I used a Meguiars Clay and Meguiars quick Detailer. After that Ultimate Polish + Ultimate Wax and problem is gone.

Time taken : 7 hours
Ressources: 4 x 0.5 l beer