What polisher to Buy???

Jonse

Reaction score
Hi Guys

My bday is coming up and the misses has said she will buy me a polisher.

What type of polisher should i get DA or rotary?

Also any links to a good polisher?

Thanks

Jonse

What do you plan to do with it? If you are going to try and remove scratches then a rotary may be a better choice but with a steeper learning curve. Make sure you read how to use it to avoid damage.

If you just want to get a better finish and save your arms a bit then a DA is a good choice. It is also less likely to damage the paint, especially Audi paint! For what it's worth I have a DAS-6 DA polisher and have corrected some minor scratches with it and generally made the car shiny. If you search for my threads you can see the results.

Some (light :) ) reading...

Machine Polishing by Dual Action Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World

Machine Polishing by Rotary Polisher - Full Guide - Detailing World

Yeah its mainly for a good finish but i do have a few scratches which i would love to be able to get rid of.

Can you get a good finish with a rotary polisher? or is it mainly for scratch removal?

Thanks

Ryan

Nobody will recommend jumping straight onto a Rotary. It's so simple to destroy the clear coat and burn/strike through.

Ive posted a offer on here before.
I have this DA and its pretty much the best you'll get for your money: DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher - Clean Your Car

use discount code: DAS6GROUPBUY

This will allow you to buy it for £99.95 delivered!

Reactions: AUDI_ADDICT
DAS-6 PRO is a good bit of kit. It was out of my budget when I got my DA ~2 years ago but I'd definitely get that now.

You can get a good finish with a rotary but it takes a bit more patience. Have a look at some videos on YouTube.

From what you have said, I would get a DA. If you want to chat to someone first I'd give Juicy Detailing a ring. They are helpful and a site sponsor... Juicy Detailing - Car Cleaning Products and Auto Detailing

Reactions: Dean_T
Nobody will recommend jumping straight onto a Rotary. It's so simple to destroy the clear coat and burn/strike through.

Ive posted a offer on here before.
I have this DA and its pretty much the best you'll get for your money: DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher - Clean Your Car

use discount code: DAS6GROUPBUY

This will allow you to buy it for £99.95 delivered!

Cheers for this. Im ordering it later tonight :)