• 1 Post By coreythorny
  • 1 Post By scotty76
  • 2 Post By the_cueball
  • 1 Post By scotty76

Thread: The Perception of Snow Foam..

Neutral

Status

The Perception of Snow Foam..

Now, far be it for me to throw up the the opinions of a professional detailer, but I have noticed the love it or hate it feeling amongst snow foam users.

It crossed my mind today, while cleaning the Mrs car..where, after 10mins of dwelling, the foam did pretty much bugger all. It emphasized what I had thought for a while. It's all in the detailing!

Now, my own pride & joy gets a bath no more than two weeks apart, and considering when I started out cleaning it, it was thoroughly washed, decontaminated, polished and a decent level of protection applied via Jetseal 109 and a Megs quick wax topper. The paint now feels smooth as silk.

My car is a piece of piss to clean, because of the effort put into the afore mentioned, so I love snow foam and it's ability to make my car cleaning life easier. But, I read numerous posts saying it's not as good as I thought it'd be etc etc..

At a guess, the haters are ones that think it is a miracle product, that should be able to clean a car effortlessly. Well they'd be right! Assuming of course they've put in the elbow grease to get their car to a respectable level in the first place!
    gen.heinz guderian likes this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    What snow foam do you use and what apparatus. I've thought about it recently as it gives a good soak to lift the dirt before cleaning with a MIT. My issue is I don't know what I need to get started. Cheers in advance

Neutral

Status
    I ordered a (PA?) lance & foam from Juicy Details as a package, though it shouldn't matter what product you use, although I've heard some are better than others (as I'm running low I'm be investing in some Valet Pro PH Neutral stuff, cheap @ £16 for 5 litres and as good as some twice the price I hear)

I rate snow foam very highly as a touchless pre-wash product that softenes & removes dirt, but the best results come from after that initial 'deep' clean..

2nd Gear

Status
    My favourite foams are Magifoam or Chemical Guys no touch.

You will get the best results on a car which has been detailed and waxed/sealed. This stops dirt bonding to the paint but the wax which makes it easier to lift off.

Then you need to be sure you're using the correct mixture and a good quality foam!
    In my 1l bottle I use ~1" of foam and rest warm water.
    Also snow foam is never a alternative for washing but just a pre wash to remove the heavy crap (for me cement dust from work, cement plans and nice cars weren't meant for each other!) before hand washing with a 2 bucket method.
    AUDI_ADDICT likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    I've used snow foam but find that citrus pre wash works better. The Valet Pro citrus pre wash is also wax safe (some aren't). If you are set on getting some new supplies I found Chemical Guys No Touch snow foam worked better than Valet Pro pH Neutral. My car is properly prepped which is a good thing now the sun's come out and so has the bug splatter.
    AUDI_ADDICT likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    I usually use snow foam... at the start of a "proper" detail, it helps out soften the grime... I give it another coat just before I actually clean the car with the mit as well...

After the car has been done, my weekly wash is a quick snowfoam and thats all... job done.

Some people expect it too much from it, don't really understand it or how to use it properly (IMO)
    scotty76 and AUDI_ADDICT like this.

6th Gear

Status
    Yup, its certainly no wonder product.Good for loosening surface dirt, but dont expect it to remove traffic film or other muck.I only use it before a two bucket wash.Im using auto finesse which i find pretty good....good foam and cling
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

Tiptronic

Status
    I've got 10 litres of magifoam I'm working my way through, use it before every wash and to be honest I'm skeptical how much it adds to the cleaning process when compared to an initial rinse with a pressure washer... Granted if it's been 6-8 weeks without a wash and you've been on some dirty surfaces in the wet it helps to remove loose dirt etc, but what does it remove that a thorough going over with a pressure washer wouldn't?

I'm still going to keep using it as I like to think it does help, but I'm not 100% convinced it's as essential as some people thing... it is quite fun though, especially if you don't like your neighbour's car

Car: 2007 A4 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line Cabriolet
    Mods: Pipercross Panel Filter, Smarttop, LED Plate Bulbs, LED Interior Bulbs, Blue LED Needles, Remap, EGR Delete, Custom Stainless Exhaust (4" Slash Tips), Cupra-R Splitter, Embossed Number Plates, 19" BBS CH Reps & Vredestein Ultra Sessanta's, 12mm TPI Spacers, -30m H&R Springs, MTEC Black Edition Brakes (Dimpled & Grooved), Mintex Pads, RS4 RARB, Vibe Square Subwoofer in Ski-pass & Alpine MRP-350 Amp

VCDS - PM for details (East Midlands)

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add Benisere on Facebook Visit Benisere's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AUDI_ADDICT View Post
    Now, far be it for me to throw up the the opinions of a professional detailer, but I have noticed the love it or hate it feeling amongst snow foam users.

It crossed my mind today, while cleaning the Mrs car..where, after 10mins of dwelling, the foam did pretty much bugger all. It emphasized what I had thought for a while. It's all in the detailing!

Now, my own pride & joy gets a bath no more than two weeks apart, and considering when I started out cleaning it, it was thoroughly washed, decontaminated, polished and a decent level of protection applied via Jetseal 109 and a Megs quick wax topper. The paint now feels smooth as silk.

My car is a piece of piss to clean, because of the effort put into the afore mentioned, so I love snow foam and it's ability to make my car cleaning life easier. But, I read numerous posts saying it's not as good as I thought it'd be etc etc..

At a guess, the haters are ones that think it is a miracle product, that should be able to clean a car effortlessly. Well they'd be right! Assuming of course they've put in the elbow grease to get their car to a respectable level in the first place!
    Never used it but I put the elbow grease in and now even baked on bird turds come off with the pressure from the hose. But I still sponge it down. Not seen a reason to spend the extra pounds on a mitt

5th Gear

Status
    Just stumbled across this and it's an Audi...

Audi RS4 vs.Valet PRO Orange Pre-Wash! - Detailing World
    AUDI_ADDICT likes this.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Snowfoam is rubbish in this weather, it just dries up on the cars paintwork!

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty76 View Post
    Just stumbled across this and it's an Audi...

Audi RS4 vs.Valet PRO Orange Pre-Wash! - Detailing World
    That really needs to be seen to be believed...but it certainly has my attention!

May well be worth an investment....

Nice find!

5th Gear

Status
    First off.. I don't work for Valet Pro. I do have Citrus Pre Wash which I used over the winter through a 2l pump sprayer followed by a pressure wash off. It did get rid of 90% of the crud. In contrast I've had VP pH Neural Snowfoam and CG No Touch Snow Foam. Neither was as good as the Citrus Pre wash.

Maybe get some smaller packs and try each to see which you like before buying a mega pack?

5th Gear

Status
    I see Demon shine are doing a snow foam so thought I would give it a try seeing as the standard stuff is pretty good if your short on time and it was equally as good.... cheap too...... using a proper lance rather than what DS supply it came out really thick and held onto the car well..... time will tell as it's winter when snow foaming comes into it's own in my opinion
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi