• 1 Post By Brodster
  • 1 Post By Sandra

Thread: Rupes Bigfoot

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook

Rupes Bigfoot

Well my new Rupes LHR15ES Bigfoot deluxe kit has landed......was supposed to be getting used on a BMW 530d Tourer today but the customer postponed it and the car is now en route to me now............so I had a play on the wifes A3 1.4T earlier on today.

First impressions are good. A very well balanced machine which I though was going to be kind of heavy to use but it isn't. There were 4 pads and 4 compounds included in the kit and the blue open cell cutting pad is amazing. 1 pass on the bonnet and its like glass so I finished it off with the finishing gel and white pad. As I had the rest of the day to play I thought I would experiment with afew other compounds on her car and have found a great combo for medium/light swirl removal if you also have a Rupes Bigfoot. Using the white finishing pad and Sonex Perfect Finish is the Kahunas at one step swirl removal with no other pass needed. Two coats of Angelwax Guardian and the paintwork is like water.

The Beemer thats coming in has very bad paint swirls and afew other paint defects from a bodyshop repair so hopefully it wont be that bad and the Rupes will be able to get it back to bling.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Is the Bigfoot meant to be like the Flex DA. Basically a step between the conventional DA and a rotary. Basically the best of both!

Status

My Social Networking

Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

1st Gear

Status
    Sounds like the way to go! Just watched a video on this machine and it seems to really be the dogs dangly bits!! I tried this link but just comes up as 'account suspended'? Found a couple of them on ebay but WOW very expensive, does seem worth it thou.

Status

My Social Networking

Just tried the link and its working no problem. Yeah it is expensive mate but I wanted to try it out as I was getting bored with the 2 DAS 6 Pros I had. Makes light work of paint correction when you find the right combination of pad and compound. I did a lot of research before commitiing to buy it but its worth it in the long run. See below for link to pics of the BMW......Didnt do any 50/50 shots as time was against me.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6954542&type=1
    scotty76 likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Great work on the BMW looks fantastic. How long did that take you.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

Status

My Social Networking

It took 2 full days Iain. 1 day to properly cut it and do the wheels and the last day to finish it and wax it and tidy up the interior, engine bay and boot even though he didnt ask for it. I hate handing over a minted car with dirty interior. I was very happy with the outcome and so was the owner.....he couldn't believe it was his car.
    Sandra likes this.

Status
    First class job as always cuz x
    Brodster likes this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP