Best products for black paint

Ash1987

Reaction score
hello
just wondered what's the best products for black paint and has anybody got any pictures or tips for me to use or follow
the products I used to use old my old car was dodo juice and chemical guys

I also forgot to mention my car is a black a3 2.0 tdi for pictures please if any

I also forgot to mention my car is a black a3 2.0 tdi for pictures please if any

Post up some pics of ur car m8.
Is ur paint solid or pearlescent ?
Iv been using poorboys black hole and PBS natty blue wax with great results. Easy on and off.
A few on here raving about the blackfire products just now for black cars.
Iv got some Angelwax products I'm dying to try out and il let u know how I get on.
If u liked your dodo juice and chemical guys products just stick with them :)

Go for the meguiars range. There on offer at halfords at the moment.Chet the ultimate compound, polish and canubra wax. I swear by meguiars there brilliant

Go for the meguiars range. There on offer at halfords at the moment.Chet the ultimate compound, polish and canubra wax. I swear by meguiars there brilliant

Meguiars stuff is good iv used the 3 deep crystal products some better than others.
Good enough offer 3 for 2 at halfords.
Personally I think u can get a lot better products cheaper than meguiars :)

I have the deep crystal too in the red tubs. Change to the black ultimate you will see a huge difference. The ones your using are for the older paint and lacquer types where cellulose was used. Our car paints are water based so try the black ones and let me know what you think. Also use the application pad and if you mist with water the products perform better.

The Chemical Guys butter wet wax gives a superb looking finish to dark coloured cars.
Today i have done my Brilliant Red A4. I used Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo then Dodo Juice Lime prime pre wax then butter wet wax and i have never seen the car looking as nice !

I use and recommend Angelwax's Dark Angel for darker cars....and what a shine it puts on Phantom Black paintwork. There are many good products out there mate.....it's just what is best for you in the end..

I guess it's all personal preference there's loads out there

Meguiars is ok but there are a lot better brands out there. Like others have said its down to personal preference and what works for you. I have tried CG wet mirror finish and CG butter wet wax and they works great in there own way but CG blacklight I would say is better. It depends on the end look you are trying to achieve to which type of products you need.

I done my brother inlaws black Astra a while ago, I gave it a full decontamination wash and clay, then polished using autoglym srp i then applied a coating of CG blacklight and toped of with Angelwax dark angel for a longer lasting protection. The finished results were fantastic the paint just seemed to pop if that makes any sense and that glossy finish was fantastic.

Once you start to buy products to try and achieve the finish you want you will eventually find something that works for you.

Will it cost much? Yes

Will you have fun trying them out? Probably

Will you regret buying certain products? Most definitely

Will you be happy with your finished result? Only until the postman arrives with another delivery.

Reactions: Brodster