Detailed or respray?

RobbieWebs

Reaction score
Hi was just wondering what the best way to go with small stone chips etc on my bonnet as it really lets the car down on the bonnet and the bumper.
Not sure what's the best route as a correction detail is pricy and I'm sure a respray as well would be pricy but better in the long run.
Here are some pics, sorry about the iPhone quality.
null_zpse241b007.jpg

null_zpsaa22701c.jpg

null_zpsdf380536.jpg

null_zps1b68523b.jpg

Cheers :)

if you have minor stonechips where the paint has chipped away getting a detail on the bonnet will make them more visable. same thing happened on my car, had a correction and all the stone chips where in my face and visable. get it sprayed then detailed.

Trups

if you have minor stonechips where the paint has chipped away getting a detail on the bonnet will make them more visable. same thing happened on my car, had a correction and all the stone chips where in my face and visable. get it sprayed then detailed.

Trups

Was thinking that myself, looking for a long term fix not just a touch up that will look like it was.
Thanks for ur replays gents :)

Robbie I will DA polish it when I come up mate IF thats what your after. It shouldnt take long. May as well do it seeing as Im there to retro-fit your new RNSE (which is here BTW)

Will stone chips polish out then, Brodster? I have a few myself that I wouldn't mind seeing the back of.

Going through this on my car at the moment. The paint will need to be applied and built up in several layers, then wet sanded with wet dry paper (preferably 2000 down to 3000 grit). This can then be DA polished. Stone chips will not just polish out.

Reactions: Artimus