Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By shariain
  • 1 Post By shariain
  • 1 Post By Brodster

Thread: What wax for a light coloured car.

1st Gear

Status

What wax for a light coloured car.

Iam after some new wax for our Avus silver A4, I have previously been using AG high definition wax on it and have always thought it was quite good until I used Dodo juice purple haze on our dark blue S4 and couldn't believe how much better it was.

i know the purple haze is for darker colour cars and wondered what people recommend for lighter cars?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Bird is the Word!

Status
    Dodo juice do a 'diamond white' for lighter coloured cars but I'm now a convert to their supernatural paste wax. Fantastic stuff with the benefits of both wax and sealant and can be used on any colour
    S3 8P2 Ice Silver, RNS-E, Bluetooth, iPod connection, Adaptive xenons, black styling pack, sunroof, privacy glass
    Mods since owned: Milltek Resonated TBE, Neuspeed P-Flo, Loba HPFP, Sachs Clutch with Loba SMF, Unicorn Motor Developments custom remap, brakes + suspension upgrades, LEDs internal and external, more interior kit

4th Gear

Status
    It looks like quite a dark silver so could go with another Dodo wax. The colour charging effects of the Dodo waxes are "mild" so could try a panel with the purple haze and see how it looks? More here: DODO JUICE FORUMS • View topic - Colour Charging 2... no hype, no BS, just the TEST RESULTS

Having said all that, I'd be tempted to try a sealant on silver based colours. At the moment I'm dabbling with Gtechniq C2v3. You spray it on, wipe it off and it looks great. I got it for about £6 + P&P off EBay. Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Angelwax do a specific wax for silver cars. Its called Ag and its very good. Its not long been released and has a good review. Only comes in 100ml tins. They also do a wax called Guardian which is their flagship wax and comes in 100ml or 200ml. Have a look

http://www.angelwax.co.uk/?wpsc_product_category=wax-products

Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks guys, I've had a little try with the purple haze and it was much nicer than the auto glym. What to go for, not too familiar with the angel wax but looks good

5th Gear

Status
    This is done with angel wax guardian.

Chris-Vspec and SJW like this.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

1st Gear

Status

Unhappy

Just to throw a spanner in the works. Wax doesnt know what colour car its going onto.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Giosabcsl View Post
    Just to throw a spanner in the works. Wax doesnt know what colour car its going onto.
    No but some waxes are blended in certain ways with ingredients that work better to give the best looks on light or dark cars, making them pacifically colour dependant.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by shariain View Post
    No but some waxes are blended in certain ways with ingredients that work better to give the best looks on light or dark cars, making them pacifically colour dependant.
    That may be true. But in reality, you are actually applying wax to a clear coat not to the paint of your car. Clear coat is clear and does not have any colour properties. Its just marketing strategy. Its more a case of durability than the reflection.

5th Gear

Status
    You are right in what you say about the clear coat hence the name. But you can't argue with the different finishes different products give after application. Look at sealants they give a completely different finish to a wax on the same paint, but some sealants offer the same longevity and durability as a wax.

Now if it is hype about wax for light and dark cars due to the different blends then all you need to do is look through the dodo range of waxes as the majority of there range is colour and type(warm/cold colours) dependant and it works great the results and success of the brand speak for themselves.
    Chris-Vspec likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    There is so much to choose from a mate of ours came over last night and uses swissvax, he swears by it but not surprised at £150 a tub... Plus his cars dark... He did say I could try it though, may have to go steal some off him.

5th Gear

Status
    I would definitely steal some but there are waxes out there that will give you a finish just as good and have the same longevity and durability and will not cost £150 a pot. Just my opinion. Get your self on detail world forum and read through a thread by rubbish boy and dodo

Here

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=38432 this will give you an idea about wax

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks mate will check it out

Status

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Giosabcsl View Post
    If I were to apply Angelwax Ag on a white car I think the owner would smack me. Ag is the worlds 1st metallic silver car wax and is developed with the same components used in the maufacture of metallic automotive paint. Has taken several years to perfect and is now out there amongst us.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/VCDS/Wagner

1st Gear

Status
    So the angelwax AG is developed just for silver cars? Do they do any sample pots like dodo juice as I imagine its expensive stuff

Status

My Social Networking

Yep that right mate......that actual wax itself looks loke metallic paint when you lift the lid off and no its not that expensive. I dont have any sample pots but I can give you a 100ml pot for £23 delivered to try. Obviously you have to prep the car if you want the end result to be great....ie wash, clayed, decontaminated etc etc. and certainly not to be applied onto a hot/warm panel.

Let me know and I can get a pot fired off to you

Mark
    Chris-Vspec likes this.

RED FIVE STANDING BY
    Zookeeper Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris-Vspec View Post
    Iam after some new wax for our Avus silver A4, I have previously been using AG high definition wax on it and have always thought it was quite good until I used Dodo juice purple haze on our dark blue S4 and couldn't believe how much better it was.

i know the purple haze is for darker colour cars and wondered what people recommend for lighter cars?
    I'v used a couple of coat of chemical boys jetseal 109 sealent first then dodo was light fantastic wax on my monza silver A3
    jjjjj 002.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    Yep that right mate......that actual wax itself looks loke metallic paint when you lift the lid off and no its not that expensive. I dont have any sample pots but I can give you a 100ml pot for £23 delivered to try. Obviously you have to prep the car if you want the end result to be great....ie wash, clayed, decontaminated etc etc. and certainly not to be applied onto a hot/warm panel.

Let me know and I can get a pot fired off to you

Mark
    that would be great I will send you a pm to arrange sending the money