• 1 Post By Stol1975
  • 1 Post By Stol1975
  • 3 Post By SJW

Thread: Getting the opportunity to detail when the wife is nagging

Neutral

Status

Getting the opportunity to detail when the wife is nagging

Hi all,

I just thought it would be interesting to hear what reasons you lot give to your better half's to go out and detail your cars for hours.

My wife gets the hump if I spend more than 30 mins washing it and prefers I take it for a Homebase special.

I have two little girls under 5 which doesn't help. Wife often says "we have better things to be doing" "Do you not want to spend time with your kids" etc etc.
    On Order...Audi A3 1.4 TFSI Sportback S-Line. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoking and Tyre Monitor...Due in July...ordered March

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    I only spend silly hour on my cars about every 6-8weeks then its just a regular wash every week and I get my to older boys to take turns in snow foaming the car and then rinsing it off (just means it gets 2 snow foams and rinses) so they ask me when I'm washing the car so they can help that way her indoors can't use the kids against me as its then that want to wash the car.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

1st Gear

Status

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkAudiMan View Post
    Hi all,

I just thought it would be interesting to hear what reasons you lot give to your better half's to go out and detail your cars for hours.

My wife gets the hump if I spend more than 30 mins washing it and prefers I take it for a Homebase special.

I have two little girls under 5 which doesn't help. Wife often says "we have better things to be doing" "Do you not want to spend time with your kids" etc etc.
    More to the point how do i explain to the mrs the cars going on holiday for a few days and spending 'x' amount of money on a correction?

Do i just tell her its having botex to make it look pretty? lol.

5th Gear

Status
    Timing belt needs replaced the cars going to be in the garage for 2 days.

Then they done a great job with the repairs and they even cleaned it for us. Lol. Job done.
    V6 Quatt, palfy86 and A4_MaJiK like this.
    S3 1.8t Ming blue with ivory leather & 18"tt alloys

5th Gear

Status
    Luckily, or some might say unluckily for me, my Wife cannot have her Car dirty in or out so I need to clean just about every week.
    Sandra likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add azzamr2 on Facebook
    i must have a really understanding missis then cause mine doesnt mind me detailing most weekends for 9 hours plus lol! just comes out and feeds me coffee and monster, and food! trick is to offer to clean there car ....simple lol!

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    I copped a load of grief the weekend just gone. Only 4-5 hours and started at 9.30am so it wasnt the whole day.

I find it is better to bribe her first but slipped up not listening to my own advice. :-)

I would say it is not often we get good spells of weather so for the odd occasion to put some time in will mean less often having to do that.

1st Gear

Status
    Tell me about it. I vacuumed the whole house, changed two beds, went to Tesco and did a weekly shop then I cut the grass front and back. Then and only then did I clean the car, clay barred it then wash and wax. How much grief did I get?? I got both barrels for making a shiny car a little bit more shiny lol. They just don't get it do they haha. I'm pleased with the results though. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370806901.856301.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370806918.452962.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370806941.202839.jpg
    Sandra likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    I've been known to spend 16 hours over 2 days on mine.

All I do is pleases and thank you's a week prior and wash her car also before the correction stages on mine.
    Oh and normally have to buy the Chinese that night

She's alot better with it all now, i'm going to start detailing for other people on the side in the next couple of weeks and I just tell her it's for business...

1st Gear

Status
    Can't wait to have a go with my new das6 polisher. When it's not raining and the misses isn't moaning that is lol.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Stol1975 View Post
    Can't wait to have a go with my new das6 polisher. When it's not raining and the misses isn't moaning that is lol.
    Be sure to do a write up mate!

3rd Gear

Status
    Tell me about it. I vacuumed the whole house, changed two beds, went to Tesco and did a weekly shop then I cut the grass front and back. Then and only then did I clean the car, clay barred it then wash and wax. How much grief did I get?? I got both barrels for making a shiny car a little bit more shiny lol. They just don't get it do they haha. I'm pleased with the results though. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370806901.856301.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370806918.452962.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1370806941.202839.jpg
    I'm with u m8 I have to do my chores so I earn free time to clean the car. Fecking joke .. She drives it more than me lol
    Audi A3 2010 2.0 TDI 140 Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Well I did my chores and was a man whore in the bedroom so I could play cars without the misses hating me to much. I was trying out my new das6 da polisher for the first time.
    I have to say it is a superb piece of kit. My bonnet is pebble dashed with stone chips and I can't believe how well it came up. I used mags 205 and then went over the top with 105 as well. This is after jet spraying and using mags gold shampoo and conditioner. I finished of with some das deep gloss wax finisher but I'm looking to upgrade on the final finish soon. If anyone has some recommendations for a good finish on a black car let me know. Any how here are a few pics. It was raining for the final wax which is a bummer but what can you do.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371394404.923097.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371394418.556002.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371394431.839234.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371394471.038669.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371394496.372046.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1371394631.456026.jpg

2nd Gear

Status
    Looks great Stol!
    what pads did you use? Do you mean you used 105 first as its the more aggressive compound?
    Only things I can suggest if you didn't clay before polishing is to do that, then try Blacklight out with a black pad, speed 4 for a couple passes after your final polishing stage. Then try a wax like Petes 53 which Im using. Works a treat!

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah I used the more aggressive one first on a yellow pad and the the finishing compound on the black pad. I thought I'd clay in between das6 polishing. I will have a look on eBay for some products tonight I think.

Status
    Well I did my chores
    Sorry this does not compute

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    Sorry this does not compute
    You got the part about being a man whore tho? 😉
    voorhees likes this.

Status
    You got the part about being a man whore tho?
    just read that....hi 5

SJW
    1st Gear

Status
    Had to resurrect this thread.

Spent 6 hours detailing the car & had a good break when the day was at its hottest. Would have spent longer but was copping lots of grief.

Wife has non stopped moaning late afternoon and early evening, tell a lie, even now mentioning how much time I've spent cleaning the car.

I wouldn't mind but I've got a couple of things I still want to complete. Haha said Im busy tomorrow.

Even did the food shopping yesterday (which I never do) to get some browny points but that seems to have been for nothing.

An evening of silence tonight, has its benefits.
    V6 Quatt, Sandra and Karl Alesbury like this.
    Sportback / 2TDI / Manual / S-Line / Amalfi White / Sport Suspension /
    Alcantara Leather Split / Heated Seats / Elec Lumbar / Phone Box / Audi Sound System / Sat Nav /
    Privacy Glass / Through Load / Rear Side Airbags / Tyre Pressure Monitor

2nd Gear

Status
    Ha ha I know how you feel, I'm in the same boat. I normally need to give a week's notice and clean her car as well!
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-Line 150ps, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Privacy Glass, SD Sat Nav, Through Load, Aluminium Pedals.