Polish/Waxing/cleaning help

Chris28

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone can recommend anything that is better than autoglym polish and the synthetic chamois and I use the autoglym bodywork shampoo & conditioner.

Is there anything better that you would use? I have seen:

Meguiars Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel
Halfords | Meguiars Water Magnet Microfiber Drying Towel

Autogylm Aqua Car Wax (Never used before)
Halfords | Autoglym Aqua Car Wax 500ml

Halfords Easy Glide Chamois
Halfords | Halfords Easy Glide Chamois - Large

Autogylm Hi-Tech Drying Towel
Halfords | Autoglym Hi-Tech Drying Towel

You cant go far wrong with Juicy Jen's tips on her website.
Juicy Detailing - Car Cleaning Products and Auto Detailing

It will give you a good idea of how to go about it.
Have a look at what products the other guys on here are using by reading a few threads. Everyone has their favourites and you will get numerous advice on what products to use. Just choose what's best for you depending on what you want to get out of it.

Its down to personal preference and which result you like best but I swear by poorboys waxes, polish and sealants.

Its all I've used for years. Others use pricier stuff but i've never been tempted away

Have a look on www.motorgeek.co.uk for prices etc

HTH

Its down to personal preference and which result you like best but I swear by poorboys waxes, polish and sealants.

Its all I've used for years. Others use pricier stuff but i've never been tempted away

Have a look on www.motorgeek.co.uk for prices etc

HTH

+1 Agree with J3nko poorboys stuff is great, easy on and off with great results.
I used a chamois for years but after using a large microfibre towel il never use it again.
I use autoglym shampoo myself and think its great.
Cleaning products don't have to cost the earth, I was in B and Q yesterday and their car cleaning products were 3 for 2. They sell autoglym and kent drying towels much cheapness :)

Thanks all, I do like the sound of the Poorboys Polish with Carnauba Wax so will give that a try. Will nip to B&Q tomorrow and have a look at their drying towels as well, just checked the site and Kent Supersoft Microfibre Towels 6 Piece Roll for £4, will pick a set up and will go well for my polishing.

Kent Q6100 Extra Large Microfibre Drying Towel on amazon, £2.89, think I'll try this as well. Thanks for your help :)

I popped into asda the other day and got a giant micro towel for £3.

As above The extra large Kent microfibres drying towels are on offer at £2 in Asda at the moment

As above The extra large Kent microfibres drying towels are on offer at £2 in Asda at the moment

Thanks ill pick one up after work! :yes:

Think we should have a sticky thread with current offers on?
Everyone can benefit it from it.

Can a Mod make this happen?