Jet Sprays.

Banwell

previously LeeS3
Reaction score
Does any one use one of the Karacha jet spray jobbies.

I think it may have just eneter the unwanted gift/ refund category. I am ungrateful I know, but I don't want anything that I end up not using. It's a 'good' one. Expensive anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Why can't people Fiing ask you what you want for your B'day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Can you use Meguiars' stuff with it? I suspect not. ****** Hellfords. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Sorry do you rate this product or not?

& do you just use it for rinsing??

30th B'day so not a happy one.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ive got the Karcher pressure washer too and use it regularly, i find it very useful. Its great at removing stubborn dead insects and brake dust.
If u dont want i'll have it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif

got one of these aswell!,excellent item! great for the car(a black car needs alot of cleaning or looks terrible) but also for my garden! ...when youve two dogs you need to clean the decking/patio alot!!

little swines ,!

before i had the washer it was a nightmare.

I've got the same as Jester and it's awesome. use it for getting dead bugs (and live ones) off the car, brake dust, cleaning the wheel arches, cleaning the engine bay, all sorts.

Oh and pressure washing your floor mats - gets all the dust out, you just need a hot sunny day or a wet/dry vac to dry them

definately keep it, just be careful of stone chips on the bumper as it can get under the paint and strip it off........as i found out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Fair, that'll do the job then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
On the one I've got it's got a little bottle that you can fill up with different cleaning solutions. However it is recommended never to change from one solution to another until you have cleaned out the pipes and bottle throughly...so I just use a bucket and sponge instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a ****** expensive one alright that's the dogs tatties - you're a lucky man that someone is prepared to spend that kind of money on you!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Anyway, I'm not your dad.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I've used pressure washers for years. You can keep your garden hose and bucket!

How else can you effectively clean that rust spreading salt from under the car or when you're car is really dirty say in winter or after going through mud or puddles?

The last thing I'm going to do is run a sponge over dirt which instantly clogs your sponge.

"Aa haa.. but you rinse it in your bucket of soapy..." I hear you say.

Yes, then your just creating a bucket full of grinding past which you subsequently apply to your car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I on the other hand give the car a good blast with the pressure washer paying particular attention not too apply high pressure to stickers or stone chips or around seals (just don't put the lance right up to the car body unless your sure the paint is good)

Take the motorised brush (or not) and lightly rub away dirt.

The beauty of the pressure washer brush is the fact that you get a FRESH suppy of CLEAN SOAPY water which is constantly flushing the brush. You simply can't get any better (well heated water would be the biz.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Give that a rinse off then I generally go for the bucket of whatever and cloth.

That's right the car gets a double wash but the brush wash is so quick and makes sure all the scratch potentail material has been removed.

As for sponges. They are good at applying soap but useless for getting flies ***** off your bonnet etc. and cleaning those wheels or tyres.

You'll only need to use wheel and tyre cleaner every other wash or for stubborn dirt.

Then rinse off. For flolks living in areas of low water pressure you'll find you can blst the soap off in a fraction of the time it takes with a hose something that matters when your washing and A4 A6 etc. ENJOY IT Once you've used it you'll wonder how you ever did without and I've only got a cheap £80 JCB one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Righty ho. Thanks for all the replies.

I'll give it a go this weekend and maybe post a review.

I also got a booking for an EVO track day, so not a bad little haul of pressies, after all.

Berkshire Flipper is absolutely right about the stone chips. I proudly used mine for the first time, and took a huge chunk of laquer off my bonnet. Had to get the bonnet resprayed, so go careful as you don't realise what you've done until you get the shammy out.

guys i have the 150 bar Bosch and she rocks big time.

look on google and search as u can get recon models at amuch lower price.

i paid £180 instead of 300 and something bargain...

Used the Karacher twice now, and I am still building up to a product review. Just getting to know it first.

Think it maybe a thumbs down review though.

One thing to add.

The jet spray does half get water everywhere. Consequently even after an over night dry off the engine is still soaking. So after the next usuage of the car water ends up steaming out from under the bonnet!! Scary at first and can ruin concurrs finsh.

Now, where did I put that quick detailer..