Akoya Noob Help Please

itruk

Reaction score
Hello all.
I've recently purchased a 54 plate B6 S line Avant and so i'm needing to know which product's will help the Akoya colour that it is :)

I've just gave it it's first wash in my ownership to see how the water sit's and it's still, just about, holding some droplet's. So at least the previous owner polished it...!

I'm just wanting to know what sort of product's to buy. Currently in my shopping list is;

Chemical Guys - Citrus Wash & Glow
Bilt Hamber Regular Clay
Sonax Wheel Cleaner

I'm just stuck with what wax/sealer to buy? I don't have a PC, so i'll be applying by elbow grease :)

Many thank's!

Hello all.
I've recently purchased a 54 plate B6 S line Avant and so i'm needing to know which product's will help the Akoya colour that it is :)

I've just gave it it's first wash in my ownership to see how the water sit's and it's still, just about, holding some droplet's. So at least the previous owner polished it...!

I'm just wanting to know what sort of product's to buy. Currently in my shopping list is;

Chemical Guys - Citrus Wash & Glow
Bilt Hamber Regular Clay
Sonax Wheel Cleaner

I'm just stuck with what wax/sealer to buy? I don't have a PC, so i'll be applying by elbow grease :)

Many thank's!

I am Akoya silver and for a good wash and wax i use a ph neutral shampoo like Hubikote and then wax - Auto Glym HD Wax or something from my monthly waxy box:

For a really good shine i snow foam the car first, allow that to work its magic, ph nuteral shampoo, dry, lime prime pre-wax by DoDo Juice and then a hard wax/ sealant

Photo

This is the finished product of ph neutral wash and a sealant

Get yourself some Dodo Juice Rainforest Rub to seal it if you want to do it properly, or if you want to do it quickly go for the Dodo Juice Red Mist Quick Detailer. Both smell amazing, the Wax outlasts the quick detailer, I used to wax the car once a month and every weekend after washing it spray it with quick detailer. Kept the car looking mint!

Akoya looks lovely if its clean.

HTH Joe

There are so many products to try out there its unreal. Personally I dont use anything else on my S3 apart from Angelwax as its tried and tested. They do a specific wax called Ag just for silver cars and its awesome. The have also recently released their legendary Desirable wax which another top company copied which is now one of their best selling waxes to date. Everything they manufacture I stock so have a look. Just to say aswell the majority of their products are award winning too. Their QED has just won Auto Express quick detailer of the year 2013 beating all other brands hands down.

The Detailing Barn - [url]www.brotek.co.uk

[/URL]