• 1 Post By nbray67
  • 1 Post By Kelza
  • 1 Post By Beancounter
  • 1 Post By scotty76

Thread: Alloy Wheel Sealant. Choice of 2

2nd Gear

Status

Alloy Wheel Sealant. Choice of 2

I am choosing between Nanolex Premium Paint & Alloy Sealant & Auto Finesse Mint Rims. I think due to the nanotechnology on the Nanolex Sealant, I am leaning towards that. Has anyone had any experience of either product. Rims are genuine Audi, have had a refurb recently, are unmarked and are in a standard silver colour.

Many thanks,
    B6 S4 4.2L V8 Cabriolet Black Manual Quad Milltek Non Res

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm180 View Post
    I am choosing between Nanolex Premium Paint & Alloy Sealant & Auto Finesse Mint Rims. I think due to the nanotechnology on the Nanolex Sealant, I am leaning towards that. Has anyone had any experience of either product. Rims are genuine Audi, have had a refurb recently, are unmarked and are in a standard silver colour.

Many thanks,
    i love it when people get drawn in by blurb, with blurbolex technology. Auto finesse is an awesome product! But then again a good rim wax (giggedy) will also do a great job it's always a good idea to seal them before fitting as doing it later on is just a ball ache!!
    Audi A4 (B7) 2.0TDi S-Line Avant Quattro - Steve Edition in Lava Grey
    BBS Wheels|arm rest|ambipur|345mm S4 brakes|PiperX panel filter|cupra R splitter|Greenstuff Pads|Retrofit Cruise control/DIS|Retrofit Audi Phone|Dension iPod|

Full VCDS equipped for the Moray area

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks, tyres already fitted unfortunately, if thats what you meant. So you would go for the A F product.

2nd Gear

Status
    Nano will always be better, but regardless of the products you have listed will all last roughly the same amount of time so no point spending more on a product that will last the same as a cheaper product.

The only way to get the true life out of any product especially Nanolex, its all about the prep work . If you going to just wash the alloys and then apply the Nanolex dont expect it to work wonders. I understand the alloys have just been resprayed and they will be sparkly clean but I am making the above statement for the weeks to come once they have got dirty and is time to reply apply the product of your choice.

As I do detailing but not on a professional but have some experience the Nano products are very temp and humidity sensitive. And are difficult to see when you applying the product, so you will find yourself going over the same patch you have been already.

Auto finesse rims is not a bad product but over priced for what it is.

If you want to get a sealant this is a great product Planet Polish : Wheel Seal & Shine, alloy wheel polishing, wheel cleaning & alloy wheel sealant for protection from brake dust.

Otherwise if you would like a wax product something like poorboys wheel sealant but is a paste like product its alot cheaper than AF.
    rjm180 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    The AF products are good , but I think the smart money would go with GTechniq (C1, 4 or 5, or EXO)
    rjm180 likes this.
    A3 Cabriolet - 1.2 TFSI S-Line Final Edition (SWMBO's)

1st Gear

Status
    I use Poorboys but with all rim waxes, you've gotta apply it on a reg basis which is a pain in the butt. Mine clean up pretty well with the pressure washer but I find I need to re-wax every coupla weeks, hence, pain in the butt.
    rjm180 likes this.

Status
    Hi rjm i,m using nanolex alloy and paint sealant on my alloys ,does a excellent job ,will get some pictures up ,plus a little goes a long way , also have used af mint rims ,which is a very good product ,when i finish with nanolex i,m going try exov2 or c1 or c5 gtechniq...change of plan as i sealed the outside and was not happy at the inside of the alloys ,as i forgot to seal them up ,so carpro hydr02 is next ....
    Last edited by Kelza; 1st May 2013 at 22:51.
    rjm180 likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    EXOv2 looks good, will hopefully be getting my hands on some when Rob releases it.
    Edit: just ordered
    Last edited by Beancounter; 15th April 2013 at 13:47.
    rjm180 likes this.
    A3 Cabriolet - 1.2 TFSI S-Line Final Edition (SWMBO's)

2nd Gear

Status
    Guys. Thanks for all your comments and advice. Very helpful. I'll post up which I decide to go for.

Neutral

Status
    Hi guys,
    Looking on here for tips for wax on my alloys. They're OEM but refurbished last week (full strip, repair and respray etc). The guy suggested i give them a coat of wax to finish off the job, but i have no idea what to go for. I'm not into my detailing (yet!) but looking at the range of waxes etc out there, its a bit daunting - so best solution? Is it ok to use normal bodywork wax or better to go for a wheels-specific product? Thanks.

4th Gear

Status
    Hi

Same again ... I just got my OEM BBS split rims refurbed too. I'm looking to protect them.

I have some AutoGlym wheel gunk spray ... is this ok or it it best to hold out for the other products mentioned in this thread?

Ta, Liam

S3 AMK 2002. Only 203 BHP left in my poor little engine, currently searching for the 7 missing horses.
    Mods: Powerflex bushes at the front and rear, 710P DV, ambient light module, Badger5 V3 TIP, S2000 Filter.

Certified S3 Slayer
    Crazy Closet Champion, Curveball Champion, Ping Champion, Snakeman Steve Champion, UFO Shoot Out Champion, Typing Test Champion, Smack the Rabbit Champion, Rabbit Hunter Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion, Mini KickUps Champion, KickUps Champion, Disc Dash Champion

Status

My Social Networking

Visit 16Klappe's Instagram Channel
    I use Collinite on my wheels...:/
    I quite often say I'm going to do things.

Then never do them.

Status
    A lot of dw members use fk1000p , but for me i,m trying out car pro hydr02 next so i can protect the inside ,hard to reach part of the alloys ,i have use nanolex ultra and af mint rims ,still to try gtechniq c1

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RS3-KEL View Post
    A lot of dw members use fk1000p , but for me i,m trying out car pro hydr02 next so i can protect the inside ,hard to reach part of the alloys ,i have use nanolex ultra and af mint rims ,still to try gtechniq c1
    hydr02 looks really good for a lazy git like me. Let us know how it goes.
    Kelza likes this.