Black Cab Snow Foam

Amason007

Reaction score
Now the weather is nice, had a chance to use my snow foam lance for the first time today,

Some before pic's. You get the idea how dirty she was!

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

Snow foam applied.

IMG_0578-1.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

Washed using two bucket method, Autoglym Shampoo. Then just dried with microfibre cloth. Not used any polish or wax!

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

Just need to get the alloys re-furbished now!

Oooooh, we've just bought an A5 cab and was told to keep the snow foam off the roof as it may make suds when it rains. Do you not suffer from this?? Was told to just wash it with water.
BTW, what snow foam did you use as it's come up very clean or was that the Autoglym shampoo result afterwards??

Oooooh, we've just bought an A5 cab and was told to keep the snow foam off the roof as it may make suds when it rains. Do you not suffer from this?? Was told to just wash it with water.
BTW, what snow foam did you use as it's come up very clean or was that the Autoglym shampoo result afterwards??

Hi nbray67,

I know I wondered this, but did my homework and searched google for the answer, which was mainly on Detailing World.

Snow foam ok on a soft top? - Detailing World

You can so long as the snow foam is PH NEUTRAL! I used Valet Pro PH Neutral Snow Foam. So long as you rinse the roof with a hose, not jet wash, until the water runs clean and all the suds have rinsed out, it should not be a problem, but as this is the first time i have done this time well tell! I'll post here if i do have any issues.

I would say it was a mixture of both the snow foam and the shampoo. But the added snow foam removed most of the dirt, salt and grime, which made the shampooing a lot easier. I would normally have to work a lot harder to get it this clean first time without the snow foam.

Cheers,

Andy

Last edited:
Cheers Andy.
The hood is quite clean in truth but i'll be getting the hoover c/w soft bristle brush on it shortly coz the dust is there when I slap it with my hand.
I'm just awaiting a delivery of tar remover then it's getting clayed, waxed n sealed.

Reactions: Amason007
That wasn't the 'black cab' I was expecting - I genuinely thought you meant a London taxi!

Reactions: Amason007 and A4_MaJiK