AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    Grumpy Old Man

Status

Insurance Renewal

Got my renewal through from Elephant.com. It was Ł621.

Phoned Adrian Flux, as recommended by many on this forum, and they quoted me Ł436 like-for-like, or Ł478 including breakdown cover.

I nearly bit their hand off! As my present breakdown cover cost me Ł80, that represents a total saving of Ł223.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Uber Post Whore

Status

Re: Insurance Renewal

I'm with Elephant, who do seem quite reasonable, even though i have had 2 fault claims within 3 years, and they will still protect my no-claims while no one else would.

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]

Phoned Adrian Flux, as recommended by many on this forum, and they quoted me Ł436 like-for-like, or Ł478 including breakdown cover.

I nearly bit their hand off! As my present breakdown cover cost me Ł80, that represents a total saving of Ł223.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crikey! What insurance group is the 2.8 Jeff? or is it the speeding tickets that bump your insurance up [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kev.

Grumpy Old Man

Status

The 2.8 is group 17, I think, & I don't suppose the six points help, but that premium also covers my missus, who learned to drive relatively late in life, & has only had a full licence for about 18 months.

Let's put that into perspective, though. I bought my first car in 1984, aged 22. It was an 1976 Opel Ascona 1.9SR, & I paid Ł775 for it. I had a five-year clean licence, but no NCB, & the premium was Ł306 (39% of the car's value) for third-party, fire & theft.

Put in those terms, & allowing for 21 years' worth of price inflation, the new premium on the 2.8 (less than 7% of the car's value) is a bargain.

Grumpy Old Man

Status

I've just been reading an article in this morning's Times which says that most insurers now ignore a first speed camera offence, and maybe even a second.

Their research said that for a 40-year-old male with six points (that roughly fits me) , the premium loading would be an average of just Ł13. A 21-year-old male with nine points would typically be loaded Ł103.

Up North

Status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Try a requote thro' the web side using an alias with all the same details for car & address etc.

Admiral (part of the same group as elephant) just tried this renewal blag on me again. Went on admiral website, changed my name kept all other details the same and got nearly Ł200 off. Ring them up tell them you want to renew except you'll take your new quote..Jobsagud'un [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif[/img]

imported_fingermouse

BELL DIRECT are also part of admiral (who i was with) and bet admiral by 50 quid.

1st Gear

Status

Adrmiral were the best for me by far. I managed to get their quote even lower by following some great advice in this thread.

Reverse Gear

Status

I tried many places before getting the best quote from First Alternative. Ok it was Ł829 but that's with ins group 17, living on edge of city centre and 6 years protected NCD, still a lot less than any of the others i.e. Tesco who were Ł1000 plus, Norwich Union was over Ł1500!

Reverse Gear

Status

If you want a lot of quotes all at once, try www.confused.com

I must admit, both my wife and I have just renewed our insurances with Adrian Flux. They were the only company that would give me an agreed valuation, taking all modifications into account and still keep the premium below Ł1000.

And I'm 34!