Mild shampoo?

Luke2.0tdi2010

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a mild shampoo that I don't have to buy online, I'm at work for 8 hours 2moro (weekend so no bosses around) so the natural thing to do is wash my car whilst getting paid to do so! However I spent 8 hours on it last week washing, drying, sealing, waxing so need a shampoo that's not going to remove any of that, I did want to buy some dodo born to be mild but didn't have the time and now it won't be delivered in time for 2moro so I guess halfords or anywhere you know that stocks dodo juice over the counter any recommendation s would be welcome.
cheers

I used to use Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner which you can get in Halfords. I never had any problems with it stripping wax.

Yeah thanks Scotty, that zymol stuff looks pretty good, Ive just reserved some at my local halfords will see what it's like 2moro.
btw, (can't find the thread) what was that 'spritz' stuff you were talking about a while ago? I remember you saying something about keeping the car clean after I'd waxed it? Also (newb question) what exactly is 'quick detailer' ? Obviously I've heard a lot about it on here and it came with the Meg's clay kit but I've only used it as lube for the clay, I'm assuming there's more uses than just as lubrication for the clay.
cheers mate

Hi Luke,

Zymol have a good reputation so I am sure it will be a good choice.

You're thinking of Dodo Juice Supernatural Acyrlic Spritz to give it its full title! Dodo Juice Supernatural Acrylic Spritz

I use this on our family car as the LSP (last step product) as other than washes, it doesn't get much attention. So I need something that is spray on, wipe off and this is.

It's classed as a spray sealant (sealant = man made/synthetic alternative to wax). Normally sealants are solvent based so you can't put them over the top of wax as they will a) eat into the wax a bit and/or b) not bond properly. Acrylic Spritz is water based so can be used over wax to top-up the protection.

A quick detailer is a product that a lot of people use after washing the car to add a bit of shine and add a tiny bit of protection i.e. enough protection until the next wash. Quick detailers can also be used to remove finger prints or dust from freshly washed paint. Finally as you have found, they are often used as clay lube. Maybe you noticed the car looked quite shiny after claying? This would be the quick detailer working. There are loads to choose from and they all have something different to offer. One that I use often is this one: Chemical Guys - Extreme Slick Synthetic Polymer Detailer - Clean Your Car

At the end of the day this is a bit of fun. Try things. See what works for you. See what you like, see what you don't. There are no right answers, only what you class as giving you a good result for your time and effort. :)

As an aside, for clay lube and loads of other uses, I use this: Citrus Bling

I use Autoglym Body Work Shampoo Conditioner too.