Chris NottEM Tuning
    Reverse Gear

Status

New repaint what's polish an wax should I use

Just had car repainted an wanting to get to detailng it was wundering what would polish an wax should I use to give it some good protection.
    Cheers Kel

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    how long ago did you have the paint done as you have to let new pain breath for a bit

Reverse Gear

Status
    Its been a week now would that be long enough

6th Gear

Status
    no from memory its was 5 to 6 weeks i think maybe wrong thou sure some one will no more

Reverse Gear

Status
    Wow dint think it would matter. Glad you've said. What would you use after that times past

6th Gear

Status
    needs to breath mate for how long you leave it before you wax it ask who pained it he should no the right amount of time but up to 60 days or so iv just read ;-) as for what to put on there is so much out there and there are so many ppl on here that no more about it than me tbh but i am using jetseal 109 right now seems good but dont protect the car for as long as it says but before i used autoglym for years and think its good stuff. here is a facebook page for chemical guys they no there stuff https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chemi...59949434070452

Reverse Gear

Status
    Nice one for that buddy ill have a look at that. I've always used autoglym too but wanting to try the next level lol

6th Gear

Status
    yeah i was the same like i say they sell some good stuff and the jetseal is nice to use but think it will take a few goes to get a good build up on the car

Reverse Gear

Status
    I don't mind giving it a few goes to get it looking good the cars black so def want to spend some loving and time on it

6th Gear

Status
    oh they do some good stuff for black cars on that page i give you

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sounds good bud gona have a look now

Sideways

Status
    You should get yourselves over to detailing world. ​A world for detailers...
    You'll find all the info you need and more. Any questions you can think of has been asked a thousand times over on there. My detailing has come on leaps and bounds since I signed up over there too. You'll find a lot of companies and suppliers on there as well.

A3 3.2 Quattro Sport

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by K3l HN View Post
    Wow dint think it would matter. Glad you've said. What would you use after that times past
    Hello mate, I'm pretty new to the detailing world myself but I would certainly recommend 'Blackfire Wet Diamond, all finish paint protection' combined with 'Blackfire midnight sun paste wax'. Rather on the expensive side but IMO it produces great results. I spent 8 hours+ on my car on Saturday and am very happy with the finish this stuff has produced. Also now after the rain we've had it still looks as good as it did the day I did it! As previously said thou it's a lot down to personal preference/process of elimination as there are so many products out there and everyone will tell you something different, but for me I'm defo staying with the Blackfire.

Good reference site is polishedbliss.co.uk very comprehensive and will tell you what's good for individual colours.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke2.0tdi2006 View Post
    Hello mate, I'm pretty new to the detailing world myself but I would certainly recommend 'Blackfire Wet Diamond, all finish paint protection' combined with 'Blackfire midnight sun paste wax'. Rather on the expensive side but IMO it produces great results. I spent 8 hours+ on my car on Saturday and am very happy with the finish this stuff has produced. Also now after the rain we've had it still looks as good as it did the day I did it! As previously said thou it's a lot down to personal preference/process of elimination as there are so many products out there and everyone will tell you something different, but for me I'm defo staying with the Blackfire.

Good reference site is polishedbliss.co.uk very comprehensive and will tell you what's good for individual colours.
    Maybe should try this :D i am also new to car detailing since i just got my new car last month :D thanks pal

Reverse Gear

Status
    Been looking at blackfire does look really good from what they say but as you say it's not cheap. Gona go for the poorboys kit it think that looks good an not to expensive.
    Going to have a look a that site tonite I've so much to learn. Thinking of going on a course to help me along but bet there not cheap too but be well worth it

5th Gear

Status
    I had a panel resprayed and left it 6 weeks before using a sealant on it. I then used Dodo Juice Supernatural Acrylic Spritz spray sealant on it because it's quick and easy. Spray on, spread around, buff off. Just like a quick detailer.

5th Gear

Status
    all this talk about leaving it for 6 weeks is all wrong once the paint had dryied and flated then machined you can apply polish

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vr6gordy View Post
    all this talk about leaving it for 6 weeks is all wrong once the paint had dryied and flated then machined you can apply polish
    im only going buy what i was told when i worked in the body shop but then things have changed alot as it was over 10 years ago but i dont think it would hurt to leave it 6 weeks with out polishing it any way as it should have been done before it come out the shop as you say

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vr6gordy View Post
    its to let the lacquer harden fully. You'll be surprised how long it stays soft for. I'd use a sealant on it after a few weeks, but nothing that uses pressure to apply.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Think ill do it next weekend just ordered some poorboys dark kit says it should leave it lookin wet got polish a wax and a sealent carnt wait to try it out