Quick wash

scotty76

Reaction score
Having not washed the car since before Christmas, I decided to get out there and sort it out. Also I had Valet Pro Citrus Pre Wash to try out. So, sprayed car with VP Citrus Pre-wash diluted at 1-8 with water left to dwell for 5 mins, washed with noodle mitt and Chemical Guys Glossworkz Shampoo.

Very impressed with the VP Citrus Pre-wash. I'll be using this instead of snow foam from now on as it did all the things I hoped snow foam would but never delivered on. :( After a 5 mins dwell most of the dirt washed off with the pressure washer.

Afters.

P1040774.jpg

P1040773.jpg

Unfortunately a run in with white van man before Christmas has left me with this to get fixed.

P1040770.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looking good Scotty, i love the colour. :) x

Managed to get mine done today too, started at 10:35am! and finished (even though didn't completely finish with the wax) at 18:20!!
My back and arms are absolutley killing me, well worth it though very impressed with the BF wet diamond and the midnight paste wax.
It took so long didn't have a chance to take any pics coz it had got dark by then.
Washed with Megs Gold Shampoo (lambswool mit, 2BM)
Dried
Clayed windows and headlights (the 2 bits I missed out last sat)
Polished with AG SRP buffed off with poorboys 'super something or other' towel (very good)
LSP (even though it wasn't the last step) BF wet diamond all finish paint protection buffed off and re-applied AGAIN!
Wax: BF Midnight sun paste wax, only did the bonnet, boot, doors, front bumper gonna finish it 2moro.
Also used some autosol on the chrome exhaust tailpipe.(worked well)
She looks the dogs dangly bits! (IMO) well happy with the result, will finish waxing 2moro and get some pics up.
Yours looks nice scotty, especially for a 'Quick wash'! same colour as mine I think, but unfortunately mines not an S-line :(

Good effort Luke. I only snuck in a quick wash because a) you shamed me into it on the other thread of mine :) and b) I had done all the prep work in September which made it possible. So all that you have done today will be very worth while in ensuring future washes are quicker and still result in a shiny, shiny car.

The BF stuff sounds awesome. Would love to see some pictures when you are done. Keep up the good work. Oh and ignore the "you can wash mine if you like" comments from the neighbours. :)

Washed, polished and dried yesterday. Woke up this morning to grey drizzle....... Few snaps for you bead freaks.....
4cd883a960778d7fdae96fe2bd5bc811_zps3af8784b.jpg

c85b9994a1f329c6772cf18d74a25913_zps2ae35f53.jpg

All I asked was for two dry days, wtf.........

Don't know how to add pics to the thread like you have but here's yesterdays 8 hour effort! still didn't quite finish with the wax.

DSC08419DSC08420DSC08435DSC08436DSC08417DSC08418DSC08416DSC08413

Oh right, I'll try that in the future, thanks. Yeah arms are certainly feeling it today, shows how unfit I am!
if it's a nice day 2moro, I'm gonna give it one more coat of wax then gonna start on my misses car, it's the blue cooper s in the background, I do enjoy cleaning it thou as the colour really does come up nice and i think the BF will work well on that particular colour, i know its not an Audi but I'll show it off when I'm done, before & after, I've certainly got this detailing bug!

Here's a few pics of todays 3 &1/2 hour stint! same regime & products used as my car but a lot quicker as it's a lot smaller car, really do rate the BF even more so on this colour. Think that should do me for a while for both of our cars, this is her(the wife) first year of owning a mini and we'll be doing the london - brighton run in June(tickets came this morning), so will have to get her 'fit for show' again in June!
I tried the photobucket thing but seemed to just put a small icon in the post without the pic?
thanks for looking:)

DSC08438DSC08440DSC08442DSC08446DSC08443DSC08444DSC08439

Last edited: