exhaust cleaner any ideas?

S3_NDJ

Reaction score
Hi all
My exhuast on my s3 is rather dirty tried cleaning with just sponge and normal wash n wax ... any ideas what could bring the shine back withiut damaging the metal underneath ??

If you want proper automotive metal cleaners try Autosol or Optimum Metal Cleaner & Polish or short term fix would be Fair Powerspray if you have any in the kitchen cupboard. If your exhaust is Stainless steel it will work a treat.

I have tried Autosol and Auto Glym Metal Polish, Both very good, apply it to a cloth and rub as hard as you can and they should come up lovely !

Another vote for Autosol. If you want something to clean and then protect afterwards, the Britemax twins are supposed to be good though I have never used them myself... Britemax Metal Twins

brilliant thanks for the help ill grab some auto sol and give it some lol what is the best thing to get it off if a soft cloth wont work ?

brilliant thanks for the help ill grab some auto sol and give it some lol what is the best thing to get it off if a soft cloth wont work ?

The pros usually use a bit of #00 wire wool or #0000 wire wool for stubborn stuff. If you are struggling it might be you have some tar stuck on the tips and would need a tar remover first (lots to choose from). For the totally over the top "how to" guide, this comes to mind How to clean exhaust tips by Pomme - Car Care and Detailing - R32OC | VW Golf R32, Golf R and other .:R Vehicle Owners Club.

Personally Tardis scares me, so I use CarPro Tar X or CarPro Trix.

As above, i use 00 grade wire wool with autosol to bring back to its original shine. you may get a few minor scratch marks if you look at it really close but if someone notice's them they are too close to your car in the first place :)