Dodo juice help. White A3

Walts2782

Reaction score
Morning all,

As Santa didn't bring me any new kit for the car I think I'm gonna stock up this week. I've always been a fan of AutoGlym but been seeing a lot about Dodo juice on the forum.

could anyone please suggest shampoos, polishes etc that would best suite my car, a white a3 s line, black edition?

Was also looking at the snow foam and machine polisher, but should this be left to the pros?

thanks for any help and advice and hope you've all enjoyed the holidays.

I love dodo juice mate... It's awesome stuff... For white cars you want this wax...

Dodo Juice Diamond White | For Light Colours | FREE UK Delivery

use a mild shampoo so you don't remove any previous protection. So dodo juice born to be mild is perfect.

if you have never tried clay bars, give them a go... It makes the paint like glass... Awesome stuff.

snow foam is easy, just spray it on with a power washer and foam attachment and leave it, then swill.

ive never used a machine polisher so can't comment.

Thanks for that Nathan,

heard a few stories about the clay bars so in two minds about them. On the flip side they certainly look like the next step for me and the results do look good when done right.

Like a little big kid at the snow foam, need that in my life :)

thanks again and all the best.

The clay bar is a bit daunting but use plenty of the supplied lube or quick detailed if no lube is supplied and you will be fine... It's really good stuff...

If you do have a go, make sure you split the clay bar in two just incase you drop it. It will pick up grit off the ground so if dropped, never re-use the clay bar.

have fun mate.

Morning all,

As Santa didn't bring me any new kit for the car I think I'm gonna stock up this week. I've always been a fan of AutoGlym but been seeing a lot about Dodo juice on the forum.

could anyone please suggest shampoos, polishes etc that would best suite my car, a white a3 s line, black edition?

Was also looking at the snow foam and machine polisher, but should this be left to the pros?

thanks for any help and advice and hope you've all enjoyed the holidays.

Dodo Born to be mild shampoo is good.

as for other products, it really depends on what you are trying to do with the car...

to get it looking good, pretty quickly, I would wash, decontaminate with a tar and an iron remover (I use Tardis and Wolfs decon gel) then clay... claying is OK if you keep the car wet... look at Bilt Hamber for a clay you can use with just water.

Snow foam is more fun than function, mind you once the car is nice and protected, if you get a good one, you can almost do a complete wash without touching the car... I use Chemical Guys No Touch foam.

for wax etc.... I would maybe look into sealants... they tend to look better - and last longer - on white cars, or go for a sealant then wax combo.. ;)

machine polisher is where you start to get a bit more serious, and spend a bit more time... as I said, you need to decide if thats the way you want to go! :lol:

:thumb:

walts2782, a lot of people on the Detailing World site recommend Werkstat Acrylic Jett. I have an IBIS white black edition too and this is still one for me to try. Seen others photos of it and the results look amazing. Preeyen

walts2782, a lot of people on the Detailing World site recommend Werkstat Acrylic Jett. I have an IBIS white black edition too and this is still one for me to try. Seen others photos of it and the results look amazing. Preeyen

That does sound good,

Spent a small fortune on Dodo Juice kit from juicy Jen, Always been an AutoGlym faithful but not anymore. I've bought the light fantastic wax but haven't had chance to use it so far. I've used the shampoo, mitts, glass cleaner and lime prime on some bits so far and really am impressed.

will get it done in the near future and post some pix for you to judge, thanks again for any replies.

The problem I have with DoDo Juice products is that I can't stop sniffing them.