Driving Technique, skills

graemedunn

Reaction score
I would think that this should be the most important forum for anyone who owns or who has aspirations of owning a performance car.People are prepared to spend hundreds of pounds buying upgrades to exhausts, engine mods etc to improve 'performance' when improving your own driving skills will reap the greatest performance improvement along with the immense feeling of really being in control of your car..........

The I A M test doesn't waste time on reversing manoeuvres which is a good thing but doesn't really push on that far from the 'L' test.It's probably worthwhile doing if you haven't had your full licence for long or for a reduction in insurance premiums.

rather do the ROSPA one as the IAM is tame in comparison....

I passed the IAM one easily the ROSPA one took some more work before I was able to get gold standard...

some track time is also well worth investing in... you are able to drive much better on the road after a day on the track... is makes a HUGE difference. and oddly enough you actually don't find the need to rag it round all day on the road after either.

i reckon you should do an intensive course at a race school instead...gonna cost a bit though. i did the five-day intensive course at silverstont drive which cost £2500, but it's supposed to be the best course in the world. my raod driving skills were greatly increased, most notibly observation. you wouldn't believe how many people don't look far enough ahead!

Our driving school aren't as good as the one's over seas!!
the USA is scared to offer these kind of race intensive course, unless your are a pro racer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
but i will find out more info threw AUDI as they offer driving course for the Quattro's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
am sure it wont be as intense but it's better then nothing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
QuaTTroLiNa said:
Our driving school aren't as good as the one's over seas!!
the USA is scared to offer these kind of race intensive course, unless your are a pro racer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
but i will find out more info threw AUDI as they offer driving course for the Quattro's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
am sure it wont be as intense but it's better then nothing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

come to england for a week and do the course at silverstone race school!!