any one used this

They say if something if sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I will wait for Juicy Jen's thoughts on it.

Hhhmmmm.....well for one there guarantee isnt worth anything as they are saying you need to use their shampoo on a regular basis afterwards, therefore how can you prove you have or havent used it so I don't think that is worth the paper its written on, ie its their get out clause.

This statement:
"Waxes offer no long term protection and a short lived shine and we all know that waxes melt and break down and when they do, it leaves a sticky finish attracting all the dirt, grime and corrosive materials that you are trying to avoid in the first place. This results in slow paint deterioration."

Waxes do not melt on the car, they deteriorate due to how often the car is washed, what it is washed with and the environment elements it is exposed too. It does not leave a sticky residue, again the reason dirt sticks to the car is from the dirt itself....if a car has not been protected then everything sticks anyway even water.

Jetseal is a very similar product that has been developed for the areospace industry...its up to you if you want to give it a got, but personally it sounds a bit gimicky.

thanks for your input ;-) was not looking to buy it well not if no one has used it and still does lol i will just get some of the jetseal i think

Nothing lasts 5 years. I'd be amazed if something costing £34.50 lasted anything like that. Most average car waxes cost more than this.

If you want something long lasting I would find a local pro detailer and get something like this applied Ceramishield | Concours Car Care

For more options, ask here Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection - Detailing World

I'm not having a go, I just don't like things that don't do what they claim. :thumbsup:

Its impossible for anything to last 5years due to acidic rain

Load of balls, I'd avoid

Nothing lasts 5 years. I'd be amazed if something costing £34.50 lasted anything like that. Most average car waxes cost more than this.

If you want something long lasting I would find a local pro detailer and get something like this applied Ceramishield | Concours Car Care

For more options, ask here Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection - Detailing World

I'm not having a go, I just don't like things that don't do what they claim. :thumbsup:

yeah will look into them mate thanks iv heard good things about the jetseal though

First product is rubbish, I agree with Jen's thoughts....

I have used the Concours Ceramishield on a few cars now including my S8, seems to be lasting well.... plus, you can add more wax etc on top of it if you want as it acts like another layer of clear coat ;)

FK100P is pretty durable stuff, cheap and you get plenty of it...

Use it very, very thin though, sometimes a slightly damp applicator will help, and it can be used on paintwork and wheels, which is nice too...

:thumb:

when you use wax what ever one it is ie jetseal do you have to prepare the car in any way apart from washing it that is and if so would that need to be done every time you apply the wax

when you use wax what ever one it is ie jetseal do you have to prepare the car in any way apart from washing it that is and if so would that need to be done every time you apply the wax

Short answer - it depends...

long answer -

If I'm waxing a car for the first time, or it's not mine, then yes, I give a full wash, decon, polish (usually), IPA wipedown before going anywhere near it with a wax, or sealant...

If I'm redoing the wax on my car, then it's just a good wash and a dry, then stick more wax on...

If I am changing the wax from 1 product to another, the I revert back to a good wash, decon, IPA wipedown...

Of course, none of the above is "needed"... you can just wash and dry the car, and whack some wax on it... ;)

:whistle2::whistle2::whistle2:

jen i think we talked about what order to use things not can i apply over old wax/polish if not the same brand or if not on the car to start with.
the car i will be doing is my partners car but im DA the hole thing first to get a good shine back on it was then going to hit it with jetseal witch is why i ask the ?.
iv only ever used auto glym super resin polish on my cars as iv always found it to do the job very well. this time i plain to DA the car with meguiars mirror glaze/speed glaze then jetseal
but when i do my a4 i planed on just a wash a polish with the auto glym then wax with the jetseal if this would be wrong id rather no before i do it lol

Last edited:
if it where that good there would be no other polish worth buying